Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeebus I had to put gas in my bike 3 times yesterday and once today damnit.:stilpoke:

·
Grabbin' a Handfull
196 Posts
I feel your pain. Topped off late yesterday afternoon and nearly ran out this morning. Should need gas again by lunchtime tomorrow. If I had only known about this before I bought this bike. :banghead:

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
have a 77 mile one way commute to the boss' office for the next couple of weeks. If I go slow and easy I only need to fill up when I get home, but where's the fun in that?
I usually end up having to stop to refuel the bike 20 or 30 miles from home.
This winter mileage is killing me:hidesbeh:

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was a good poke. It is way to cold to ride here in Colorado.
As it was intended! I really could care less how many MILES per gallon, because it is all about SMILES per gallon!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I must be getting better mileage. I haven't had to fill the tank in about 4 weeks!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,946 Posts
I must have a hybird version...I haven't put gas in mine since 9/10/10...hummm

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
Same here, Rod! Only my last was on the 13th!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Think yourself lucky, gas here is now close to $9.00 a gallon!! Although our gallon is .2 more than yours

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
Aggressive throttle twisting,that the problem..

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Think yourself lucky, gas here is now close to $9.00 a gallon!! Although our gallon is .2 more than yours
In a couple of months we will be paying more than half that amount.
With nothing to sell to the world and all our prices increasing at 30 and 40% bounds,we will be in the same boat as you guys by the beginning of the summer.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
In a couple of months we will be paying more than half that amount.
With nothing to sell to the world and all our prices increasing at 30 and 40% bounds,we will be in the same boat as you guys by the beginning of the summer.
Hope you are wrong,we are coming over for 3 week rv vacation in May the way those things guzzle gas we could have a problem!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Had to fill mine twice yesterday after the annual ride to the "Polar Bear Plunge" in Harrisburg for the local humane society and then off to enjoy the day here in PA.Its not often that we get a 50+ degree day here in Central PA on New Years Day......Andy

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
yea all the talk about how outdated the airheads are and how modern the v is when compared, all turns to shite when you compare fuel mileage.the bad mpg the vrods get will probably be the reason for their demise ..i put nearly twice as much in my v when filling compared to those rideing their airheads.even the big bores.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
as long as the V continues to get double the MPG as my car, it's still a win win win for me

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Even @ $5 a gallon and the dependability of my V-Rods,they are well worth the gas money for just cruising around with no particular place to go.I get 35 mpg out of the V's,24 in my truck and Theresa's car is capable of mid 30's if I'm not driving it.
My guess of the 2011 high rise in my cost of living is what brought our household to cut a lot of corners in the past month and regroup.Some things had to be sacrificed for medical and an attempt to buy a business.The V-Rods are still not a burden.I really enjoyed cruising the other day,and it looks like after tomorrow,I can use it for business at least 2 days of the week.:notworth:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Fuel Milage???......:rofl::rofl:

I certainly didn't buy my ride for fuel milage.....
If I did that then I should have just bought a scooter...LMAO!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts