Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
‘11 vrscf, silver, V&H slip ones, K&N filter
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi vrodders!
Brand new here. I just got myself a ‘11 Muscle (finally) in silver and it has the passenger backrest and standard luggage rack installed. I would like to take all of that off but I know the rack will leave three holes exposed in the rear fender. I’m sure others have done the same. What did you do to cover up the holes? Cheers!

Reactions: beast-usa

·
Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
133 Posts
Hi vrodders!
Brand new here. I just got myself a ‘11 Muscle (finally) in silver and it has the passenger backrest and standard luggage rack installed. I would like to take all of that off but I know the rack will leave three holes exposed in the rear fender. I’m sure others have done the same. What did you do to cover up the holes? Cheers!
Welcome to the 1130 forums.

Have you already checked to make sure there are holes? When I installed my back rest/mini sissy bar I only put bolts in under the seat. And I filled the mini rack holes with ss allen head screws short enough to NOT touch my fender. So if I ever remove the mini sissy bar there would be no holes and no scratches in the paint.

If it does have holes the rubber fillers or flat screws & lock nuts the same color as your fender. Lots of places custom color every thing or you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
something along these lines would do a clean job IMO…

-John

Thanks John. I might have to look into something like that. Those plugs need to blend in with my silver vrod otherwise it will look horrid. I’ll figure something out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Have you already check to make sure there are holes? When I installed my back rest/mini sissy bar I only put bolts in under the seat. And I filled the mini rack holes with ss allen head screws short enough to NOT touch my fender. So if I ever remove the mini sissy bar there would be no holes and no scratches in the paint.

If it does have holes the rubber fillers or flat screws & lock nuts the same color as your fender. Lots of places custom color every thing or you can do it yourself.
Yeah, I’ll take everything off the next couple days. Pretty sure I have the standard holes in the fender, which on silver bike, will be an eye sore when exposed.
I’ll probably have more questions about some things here and there the next few weeks. I have a feeling this forum and I will be best friends.
cheers

Reactions: beast-usa

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

Have you already check to make sure there are holes? When I installed my back rest/mini sissy bar I only put bolts in under the seat. And I filled the mini rack holes with ss allen head screws short enough to NOT touch my fender. So if I ever remove the mini sissy bar there would be no holes and no scratches in the paint.

Unfortunately on a Muscle there is no option not to have holes with the HD rack or backrest. As stated you could put rubber plugs or have that centre piece of the fender repainted.

·
Registered Insane
2003 VRSCA
253 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ilovemyvrod! I had a 2003 Softail Deuce years ago. It also had 3 holes in the back. I cut a big piece of leather to make a bib, about 4-5" wide. I rounded the back and dyed it black. I attached it to the computer mount under the single saddle seat I installed (which is why the holes were revealed) and used a nice silver Celtic concho to attach it to the center, rear hole. I don't have a photo (no camera phones yet back then) but I got a lot of compliments on it. Maybe this would work for you, too.

-Sean

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input everyone. Just wanted to close the loop on this thread. After debating back and forth I decided to leave the back rest and luggage rack on (for now). I might take it off down the road and have to circle back on these suggestions. The main reason I wanted to take off the rack in the first place was because it was in bad shape. I cleaned and polished the hell out of the chrome and got it (almost) back to be in perfect shiny shape again. It looks great and I’m happy with it.

Off to the next question and a new thread! 😉

Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts