Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
holy crap i just started tearing the bike down gunna be a bit more complicated then i thought. When you make a custom rear fender where do you put all the ecm components? also when you go topless where so you put the iat? thanks for some help, a bit overwhelming

·
Registered
600 Posts
For the IAT i simply found the appropriate size drill bit and drilled a hole in the top air filter cover. It works great. I haven't had a reason to mess with the electronics. Some have moved the ECM to the air box tray. You must maintain the correct orientation of the tilt sensor.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I relocate the pcm to the airbox where does the arnott air pump go as I am looking into that as well, how would an improperly angled iat make the bike think it has gone down when all it measurs is air temp

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
The ECM(TSSM)must be oriented correctly, not the IAT.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The ECM and tsm /tssm are two different parts. The tsm /tssm must be correctly positioned. The ECM doesn't care what position it is in.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
The ECM and tsm /tssm are two different parts. The tsm /tssm must be correctly positioned. The ECM doesn't care what position it is in.
My mistake: typing without thinking!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so which one of those are under the seat, i was thinking of cuttung out some of the metal above the gas tank and sliding it down like 2-3 inches so i can put a box around it and have seat go above it kinda like stock

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Nah, just put it under the airbox. The IAT goes into the top of the air filter. Yes, mods can be a PIA! Worth it. Go for it. Joe

·
Registered
379 Posts
My solo fender that I just made should be back in two weeks from paint, I used the stuck mounting subframe (that the upper shock bolts go through) to help mount my fender. The electronics will be going under and above the stock subframe. Good thing about this also, is you can use the plastic mud guard that attaches to the gas tank and inner fender to keep crap outa the gas tank and under the seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts