Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1 mile on my bike as of today, and I will be breaking it in soon as the roads clear off...

What oil comes in the bike from the factory?

I want to change the oil out after the first 100 miles or so, and I want to put back in what came from the factory to finish my 1000 mile break in... I have engine engineers in my family and they recommend changing the oil after the first 20-100 miles to flush out any debris left over from the machining process...

Think it came with synthetic in it?

Thanks....Kevin

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,389 Posts
I think your bike came with the same shitty Dino oil we all got from HD.. The sooner you can change to Amsoil or Mobil V Twin - the better...

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
if you are trying to do a proper break in, you will need to ignore the experts in your family and instead just ride the bike hard with lots of engine braking until the first scheduled oil change.
The bike comes with HD dino oil from the factory, nothing special. Any wet clutch approved motorcycle oil in the correct weight would be just fine.
I, like many others here, chose to switch to synthetic (Amsoil for me) and never considered putting HD oil back in.
If there is one oil thread on this forum, there must be 1000, no exaggeration. Just do a search for "oil", grab a keg of beer, and enjoy the reading.

·
VRSC est -03
2,760 Posts
Break the engine in on mineraloil! then synthetic.. Or continue on
a quality mineraloil..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts