Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the site but was hoping to get a few questions answered. I'm considering buying a Street Rod, but I want to know how comfortable it is for a passenger. My wife is about 5ft, 4in and would be a regular passenger. There are no Street Rods in my area to test drive so I will be buying before riding, more than likely. Is it comfortable two up? Also, how does the bike handle? I've read many reviews of the bike online and they all say it handles good for a cruiser, but I would appreciate some actual input from owners.

Thanks for any responses, Tony.

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
:vrodforu:
The stock pillion slopes toward the taillight and the p-pegs are quite high so IMO it's not suitable for 2-up for any distance. A Sundowner pillion makes it better but not a bunch.
Handling? I like the way it feels in high-speed sweepers but it's not a flick-flick-flick-through-tight-esses bike; there's just too much mass to be redirected.

·
Asatruar
2,929 Posts
:them:The stock pillion sucks. The Street Rod really isn't ideal for a passenger though I'm sure someone has managed. I know forum member remphoto tried to use his "R" to carry his wife as a passenger on their rides. It didn't work for them. They now use a Gold Wing & she has a proper throne .....And I've got his old bike.

As far as handling.. it works well enough to keep a smile on my face.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input on two up riding. Unfortunately a Street Rod will not serve my needs. It's too bad because they look like a great bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts