Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my bike last wednesday and as usual the first round of mods on on the way :) Just a list of whats in store:

-VMod Z Drag bars (scored new on ebay cheap!!)
-HD front turn signal relocation brackets (another ebay item lol)
-Arlen Ness chrome scoop mirrors (from VMod)
-Custom dynamics integrated LED strip (x2)

Figured for the price of the LED strip and to help add to the safety factor I ordered two so that I could double them up for added visibility. The HC taillight is just crazy high and I would like to chop or remove my fender one day so I would need a custom LED strip anyways. I have yet to see anybody run two sets of these but I figured it'd help get me seen for sure when turning. Will be removing what I've noticed is so fondly referred to as the "dogs ass" as well. Will have pics up asap. :D

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
PM Sent!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do you mean 2 clear alternative strips?? can you show a link
Major typo. I meant custom dynamics who I've found to be one of the best companys i've dealt with as far as customer services and speed. I ordered at 4:30 and the box was at my doorstep the never day (although I do live in the same state) :D

I've have integrated tails on the mind and clear alternatives is whats on my 600rr so it just popped out lol I fixed it though

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah ok, so what are you doing with the strips??
Removing the rear fender/tag assembly and using them for taillights/turn signals. Everywhere I've read has said they are REALLY bright and I want to be safe so figured for the price of them I'd use two for even more brightness and visibilty/safety and still come out spending half as much as I would have buying that heavy cycles taillight. Plus when I get the bike low enough to remove the fender or cut it down I wont be able to use the taillight anyways and will need an LED setup so its win/win!

·
Registered
36 Posts
What kind of Vrod did you get and where in Monroe are you located? I am from Monroe as well and live over by the airport.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
which CD strips are you buying. ive purchased several things from there, just curious as to what set up you're going to run
The reciept says integrated LED light bar 6126 (24 LED strip). Its the 9.5" one with 6 ambers on each end for turns and 12? reds in the middle for running/brake lights. 69 a piece plus I used the 1130cc coupon code for 5% off lol. was like 150 shipped which is still WAY better than the HC taillight.

What kind of Vrod did you get and where in Monroe are you located? I am from Monroe as well and live over by the airport.
Its an 08 AWA. Has TAB slash cut slipons/K&N/TAB tuner. Otherwise stock. Silver with burgandy pinstripe. Have VMod Z Drag bars, Arlen Ness Scoop mirrors and a few other goodies waiting to go on this weekend hopefully :D

I actually live in Wingate, but work in Monroe. You ever go to Tumbleweeds on Wednesdays? I've gone a few times. Ditched the crotch rocket and lovin the V now!!!! lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
LED light bar

let me know how you like it after you install it. as I am planning to get them as well. post the photos of your update mod.:)

The reciept says integrated LED light bar 6126 (24 LED strip). Its the 9.5" one with 6 ambers on each end for turns and 12? reds in the middle for running/brake lights. 69 a piece plus I used the 1130cc coupon code for 5% off lol. was like 150 shipped which is still WAY better thant the HC taillight.

Its an 08 AWA. Has TAB slash cut slipons/K&N/TAB tuner. Otherwise stock. Silver with burgandy pinstripe. Have VMod Z Drag bars, Arlen Ness Scoop mirrors and a few other goodies waiting to go on this weekend hopefully :D

I actually live in Wingate, but work in Monroe. You ever go to Tumbleweeds on Wednesdays? I've gone a few times. Ditched the crotch rocket and lovin the V now!!!! lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
I go every once in a while. I wont make it this coming Wednesday because I will be just getting back home, but I will probably make it over there within the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK Well the LED strips are on. Was really easier than I expected it to be. Probably have 2-3 hours into it making the aluminum mounting strip and taking my time to make it look right. I removed the dogsass and cut the signal mounts off. Then made my aluminum strip to stick the LED strips to. Stuck them on and added 3 zipties just to make sure they dont go anywhere. Bolted the aluminum strip to the dogsass and reattached and wired it up. Much brighter than stock. My wife was riding behind me in her car yesterday evening and some night riding as well and said she REALLY likes it and am glad I did this. I was in slight shock cause usually shes complaining about my mods :D

The pic is with running lights and my hazzards/blinkers on (well timed). With the 9.5? inch strip I think it puts the signals far enough apart that no leo would give you any trouble unless they were just looking to give someone else a bad day. The brake light is twice as bright as the running light and very visible. I'm ready to shave the taillight one way or another :D

Also got my mirrors and handlebars done. Will get pics later. I'm happy with the bars as far as looks but not quite the feel I was going for. They do lean you forward some but they are growing on me. If nothing else I'll keep them just for the looks probably lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Talked with Jamie at Fuel Moto earlier and have a Vance and Hines Indy/Comp exhaust and Power Commander V on the way!! MUCH cheaper than even the ebay prices. I really suggest giving him a call if your in the market for a tuner, air filter, or exhaust!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone interested in some TAB slash cut slip-ons and TAB fuel manager?? Sounds and runs awesome :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.