Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had the time to take the rear wheel off and haul it to a shop to get it mounted. I called around and got some really whacky prices to simply put the tire on the rim. I removed the sprocket and the rotor and paid $20 at a private owned sport-bike shop. I bought a bridgestone through R M ATV for 109 shipped so other than my time/gas I have $130 in a new rear tire. I had one place want $55 to mount the tire or basically just didn't want to do it w/o selling the tire for additional profit. What are you guys paying to get this done.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I last payed CycleGear $20.00 per, carry in, with the tire purchased from them.(mount and balance.)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I paid w/$25 gift cert. & $11 and change at Arlen Ness for my rear. Went to MTC in Vegas and paid $19 for the front. Gotta shop around.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Its a DIY job!
Takes me 2 hours including balance and cleaning the wheels. Yes both wheels!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I paid $30 to mount & balance at local shop, then he bought me a couple of drinks at the bar next door:thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
$25 either wheel - take in.

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
:them:

Bead breaking & Tire Iron Wrangling is a fading skill. :chair:
I have been known to mount my own tires but these new low profile radials seem like they would be next to impossible without a machine. Can it still be done without ruining the chrome rim?

I paid $25 at a local race shop

·
Chad
263 Posts
Just had an Avon Cobra 250 installed yesterday at my local HD dealership for $20! (props to rockymountainatv, Great prices and service)

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Picked up a balance stand from Harbor freight long time ago. Using some stick on weights if needed for a static balance. This has worked fine for me.

Poping the bead is the hard bit! Then its care and lube. My tire irons are 40 years old. Rim protectors are a must on these "soft" rims.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts