Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I finally *might* have found my DX, but it does not have security. Please please I don't want to discuss the merits or negatives of a security system on a bike, or any aftermarket systems. I just want the stock HD factory security system.

How much does it cost to buy the parts for the factory security system? How much would it cost for the dealer to install it, or is it easy enough for me to install it (ie: is it plug and play harnesses)?

Thanks much!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
The only additional charges may be for the dealer to marry the new TSSM module to your ECM.

What's really strange is the cost to add Security is cheaper than getting it factory installed :wazzup:

It leads me to believe there's something else needed but from the looks of it there isn't.

·
That one guy
151 Posts
security

The over the counter system only has 1 fob. + 39.95 for second fob + labor to "marry" everything together.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was able add the factory security before delivery. I'm looking at an orange DX with security and ABS for 18125 out the door. Pretty much MRSP, but I could not find any ABS on the east coast at all and that;s with calling the dealers themselves.

Put a deposit down and get it Dec7 or around there.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I added both the security system and the siren to my 2007 VRSCX. The security system merely replaces the TSM with a HFSM. Remove old, plug in new. The kit comes with a single FOB that needs to be programmed by the dealer. You probably should buy a second FOB. To marry them to the HFSM they need to be present at the same time. You can't set up one then come back later and setup a second.

You will need a service manual and a electrical diagnostics manual to perform some setup stuff.

The siren is simply plug into a existing plug once you find it.

You will need the service manual only if you do not know where the TSM is and how to unplug it.
The electrical diagnostic manual tells you how to set a security code which I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DO since if you lose your FOB or it stops working the security code will allow you to deactivate the security feature so you can start the bike. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS AND THE FOB DOES NOT WORK, you buy a new kit.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I installed it myself and it took about 30 minutes and it is plug and go, no problems no cutting wires or tricks just follow directions.

·
Riding the Rev
1,523 Posts
If they would only have made an ABS plug and play system.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I forgot to mention, there is a mating ritual you must go through. The ECM must be married to the new HFSM. It takes about 30 minutes and is documented in the Electronics diagnostics manual.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Congrats Spine on your new bike. Glad to hear you're back in the game!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts