Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added the 32 oz Camelbak to a Cortech Mini strap tank bag. The Mini has a pass through for headphones. If you take the bite tube off the end of the hose it fits through it. The optional bite clip goes on the strap. With the reservoir it still has room for gloves, camera, goggels, etc.

Fred

Attachments

·
Out to Lunch
801 Posts
I have the same Cortech bag and hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the idea- I'll have to try it out.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thats a nice setup Fred. You've helped me make up my mind about what tank bag to get. Thanks for posting it. :)

·
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bag is a little smaller than I would prefer, and does not expand, but the bars do not hit it and its lines work with the airbox. It is very well made.

The Chicane Canyon EX (or the larger Canyon) is a another choice: http://www.chicaneusa.com/canyonex.htm

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Now all you need is a catheter and you will not have to stop!

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I've just been wearing the damn Camelback. Too much stuff in the tank bag....

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i fill mine half.. and freeze it .. then top with water .. and slide it down the back of my jacket.. hydration and cooling all in one.. ..

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Nice idea

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
i fill mine half.. and freeze it .. then top with water .. and slide it down the back of my jacket.. hydration and cooling all in one.. ..
I'll be trying that today. 100 F predicted on my ride home. I may just ride all night to avoid the heat.

·
Proud Infidel!
5,160 Posts
Beautiful Bike

Fred...
Your bike looks terrific, There's a lot of great modifications on it. The Camelback set up is ingenious.....good work!

·
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Robs-Rod said:
Fred...
Your bike looks terrific, There's a lot of great modifications on it. The Camelback set up is ingenious.....good work!
Thanks. I just got back from a 2 1/2 day ride around the SE part of the state. I put 10 hours in the saddle Friday and she ran like a Swiss watch. Other than a tightness in my neck and shoulders the body held up OK. The bike has 29,000 mile on her, and the body almost 62 years.

Temps were in the low 80's so did not use the Camelbak often, but it works as you would expect it to.

Love the Rick's tank. Normally filled up just into the reserve (between 100-110 miles) when the orange light comes on (I hate looking at it). Depending on how I was riding, she would take 3-3.3 gallons. One tank she hit zero with 130 miles on the trip odometer and had one gallon left in the tank. At between 32-34 MPG I may have made it to 160 but I feel you are risking it above 150 on a tank.

Fred

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Fred, every time I get on the bike I think - "what a fantastic machine". 12 hours on the bike last Friday. Right hand is a little stiff (still suffering from a skiing incident in March I think).
I used the camelback most of the run. I'd drink part of a big water bottle, put the rest in the camelback. Only problem with puttig it inside the jacket is it hits my back where I lean against my pack. When I wear it outside the jacket, I can hike it up above the pack. I usually finished the water before it wasn't cold anymore.
And who says us old farts can't do the long rides.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts