Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using the cortech sport saddlebags? How are they and what mounting system are you using?

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
I think a lot of people are using those bags and have asked for pics in the past to no avail. Those are the ones I have decided to go with but wish I could see them on the bike prior to purchase. I am with you.

·
fire up !
700 Posts
Night Rodder said:
I think a lot of people are using those bags and have asked for pics in the past to no avail. Those are the ones I have decided to go with but wish I could see them on the bike prior to purchase. I am with you.
do you mean these ?

Attachments

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
Roadhog said:
do you mean these ?
Yes! Thank you for posting the picture, they look really clean on the bike. How are you keeping them out of the wheels and where do you tie them down? Thanks again,
Kristi

·
fire up !
700 Posts
Night Rodder said:
Yes! Thank you for posting the picture, they look really clean on the bike. How are you keeping them out of the wheels and where do you tie them down? Thanks again,
Kristi
hi Kristi
first off, the saddlebags are multifit meaning that the middle straps are fairly adjustable e.g. i have the '07 DX wide fender
the trick is to adjust these straps in such a way that the bags are positioned as high as possible, that way there can never be any risk of touching the rear wheel + they're out of reach of hot exhausts
further, each bag has a forward and aft strap (quick releases) so with a bit of creativity you'll find a good spot to fix the 'fixed' ends of those straps
the big bonus of these bags = they come with a (detachable) neoprene padding so the risk of damaging paintwork is minimal or non-existing
another big bonus = you can choose from 3 types of top bags that just click onto the saddlebags with 4 quick release buckles, takes you 10 seconds to take that top bag off the bike; all bags come with rain covers BUT i learned that you'll never be able to seal the saddlebags off completely (the diff straps must pass somewhere) so always pack your stuff in individuel plastic bags before putting them in the saddlebags/top bag, no probs
hope this helps ? see my gallery for more pics
one tip : always carry some spare straps/plastic straps, you never now...
ps : i bought mine from Motorcyclegiant in Calif
grtz

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
Roadhog said:
hi Kristi
first off, the saddlebags are multifit meaning that the middle straps are fairly adjustable e.g. i have the '07 DX wide fender
the trick is to adjust these straps in such a way that the bags are positioned as high as possible, that way there can never be any risk of touching the rear wheel + they're out of reach of hot exhausts
further, each bag has a forward and aft strap (quick releases) so with a bit of creativity you'll find a good spot to fix the 'fixed' ends of those straps
the big bonus of these bags = they come with a (detachable) neoprene padding so the risk of damaging paintwork is minimal or non-existing
another big bonus = you can choose from 3 types of top bags that just click onto the saddlebags with 4 quick release buckles, takes you 10 seconds to take that top bag off the bike; all bags come with rain covers BUT i learned that you'll never be able to seal the saddlebags off completely (the diff straps must pass somewhere) so always pack your stuff in individuel plastic bags before putting them in the saddlebags/top bag, no probs
hope this helps ? see my gallery for more pics
one tip : always carry some spare straps/plastic straps, you never now...
ps : i bought mine from Motorcyclegiant in Calif
grtz
Thanks, great looking set up. I have mine on the way.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i have those too but u nfortunately.. no pics.. i like them they are easy on and easy off.. i think you will find you will like them .. i used them to go to MWTII and thought i wouldnt have enough room but i used space bags on all my soft stuff and found i had plenty of room ..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the input. I think this is the way I will be going. Again, thanks everyone.

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
I'm in. Thanks for the pix Roadhog. You guys convinced me. Heading down the road this week-end with my wife on the back and a touring case on my luggage rack. I need all the luggage I can get without having to put on saddlebag mounting hardware. Anxious to see if it works with my Sundowner, passenger pillion, fender base plate etc.

·
fire up !
700 Posts
Toys 'R Me said:
Anxious to see if it works with my Sundowner, passenger pillion, fender base plate etc.
just make sure to always use the neoprene pads, be creative, fold them if you need to but those are your paint protection insurance, without them you won't be a happy camper...
another tip : whenever you take the saddlebags off the bike, always check & dust off the neoprene pads before putting them back on, even a bit of sand could cause scuffs
grtz

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Gotcha, thanks.

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Must be a hot item. Got a call back 15 minutes after placing my order which was confirmed in stock and was going to ship the same day. They're out. Went to another site which said they were out as well. Left my order in to ship mid-August. Maybe I'll have it for the KC Rally.

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
where did you try ? you might wanna look on ebay too sometimes they are on there and readily available .. i got mine at www.ridegear.com
That's where I tried my second option, same cost. Web-site said they were either temporarily out or discontinued.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
Everybody's getting ready for Sturgis. I'll be lucky to get my AirHawk seat cushion before I leave.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of these mounted on an AW or similar?? I have these for my R1 and want to use them on my AW for a trip to Tenn. How exactly are you guys mounting them to the bike? Thanks in advance!

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i dont have apic but will take one later.. taking off to indy this afternoon ..

i put the 4 straps.. two around my TS on the dogsass.. and the other two on my frame under the seat..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts