Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little back story on my 2016 NRS,

Last year I had an issue with my speedo gauge lights randomly shutting off on me. It would do it while the bike was just idling and while cruising. Checked the grounds and everything was fine. Then while out riding one day my bike completely died and I couldn’t get it started, so I had it towed to the dealership. Dealership said there was nothing wrong with the bike and couldn’t replicate the issue. Battery was low but they charged it, checked it, and said it was within spec. They tried blaming it on the Daytona Twin Tec but the company troubleshot it and said there was nothing wrong with their unit. Took it home and the very next day the bike died again. Once again back to the dealer and this time they said my fuses were corroded and that I needed to go in and clean them.

Has anyone else had that problem? Any ideas of how I would go in and clean all my fuses and terminals? Is that even the issue or is there something else I should be looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
...back to the dealer and this time they said my fuses were corroded and that I needed to go in and clean them.

Has anyone else had that problem? Any ideas of how I would go in and clean all my fuses and terminals? Is that even the issue or is there something else I should be looking at?...
You could use any of the available aerosol electronic contact cleaners (e.g., CRC Electronic Cleaner).

Remove the fuses and relays and clean off all the metal contacts with scotch bright along with the aerosol cleaner.

Then spray the cleaner into the fuse and relay contacts before reinstalling the cleaned fuses and relays.

As to if others have had this issue; yes. Especially in areas near the coast where metal corrosion is common.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts