Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
corrosion

Has any body come across corrosion on any painted parts on there dx like fork legs triple trees hand controls ex

·
Aces & Eights
154 Posts
I dunno... I must be exhausted or something but for some reason even though this thread is only 2 entries long it has me laughing hysterically. :rofl:

I have not seen any signs of corrosion on any of my shiny bits... but I'm here in the dry, hot, heat where death usually precedes oxidation.

Regards,
-Ted

2007 VRSCDX Denim

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
Tedhase said:
I dunno... I must be exhausted or something but for some reason even though this thread is only 2 entries long it has me laughing hysterically. :rofl:

Yeah, I was ready to pull out the old Websters to find out exactly was corotion was. I thought it said coronation at first.

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
I thought someone was asking about Croatia.:angeldev:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
To get this back on topic.......

I have not noticed any corrosion, but then I have not had it out in the rain much.
The only place I have noticed anything like that is on the washer where the clutch hose meets the resevoir.
Yeah, I know it is copper, but it is "dirtier" than the one on the brake resevoir.

·
Whig party
32 Posts
chewy said:
it depends where you come from know all
I don't mean to bother but the term is "know it all". oooo the hits just keep coming!:chair:

·
Aces & Eights
154 Posts
chewy said:
it depends where you come from know all
C'mon Chewy... Sarge was just trying to clarify so you'd get some help with your question. I was tired and in a giddy mood when I read the post and response and for some unknown reason it struck me as sidesplittingly funny. You have to admit, before you made your edits it looked like you had been typing with your feet.

As far as your corrosion issue is concerned... do you live seaside? Do you store your bike outdoors? Does your area get much morning dew (not the drink, the atmospheric byproduct)?

Regards,
-Ted

·
I'm Bored
1,741 Posts
chewy said:
Has any body come across corrosion on any painted parts on there dx like fork legs triple trees hand controls ex

To answer the original question, no. Of course the bike is stored in the garage on the lift and is heated in the winter. I also don't ride it with salt on the road and I always use forced air to dry it after a wash.

·
Back in Black
212 Posts
Not on mine yet and it's been in the rain about 1/2 the time
since I've had it. I borrowed an 07AW for a few days from my
dealer before I picked up the DX and it had really bad rust
marks on the exhaust.

Karl Scott, Avante and pjhollis are in your part of the country.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts