Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a mint leather Young Guns seat. It lines up fine, closes well....but there is a 1/4" gap at the back where I would like it to sit flush with the fender. When sitting on the seat, the gap is more like 1/8" or so, but its still there. The rear bumpers are not causing the problem either, and they arent touching either.

It is p/n HD-VR-YG (no luggage rack)

Any tips? I LOVE the look of it, and the price was awesome ($275) so Im hoping to stick with this one. (I'd love a CFR but they seem to be unavailable)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
i had the same problem with that seat...could never get it to work....

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
99evo said:
i had the same problem with that seat...could never get it to work....
Same problem here, 3/4" gap at rear and right side, seat would not close properly, tried shimming the pin, twisting the seat, pulling, bending, adjusting rear fender, spent hours screwing with it to get it to fit. Finally got it to close but then had a he!! of a time to get it open. I now have a cvo seat on the bike. I think some fit great and others fit like:stac: o k i'm done my rant now:mad:

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Malloy said:
I just picked up a mint leather Young Guns seat. It lines up fine, closes well....but there is a 1/4" gap at the back where I would like it to sit flush with the fender. When sitting on the seat, the gap is more like 1/8" or so, but its still there. The rear bumpers are not causing the problem either, and they arent touching either.

It is p/n HD-VR-YG (no luggage rack)

Any tips? I LOVE the look of it, and the price was awesome ($275) so Im hoping to stick with this one. (I'd love a CFR but they seem to be unavailable)

Thanks!
Cobin says that the seat will relax and break in over time. Hopefully your gap will decrease as time goes on.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Bright Brown said:
Cobin says that the seat will relax and break in over time. Hopefully your gap will decrease as time goes on.
I think thats Corbin's statement about the firmness of the foam they use in the seat cushion? I don't think the pan that the rear pillion is built on will relax into place but I could be wrong. Maybe a long ride with a passenger on the back will do it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts