Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here using the Corbin Hollywood solo? I need to get a more comfortable seat (specially for my passenger) but don't want to go with a "large" HD unit.

I also like the Corbin touring seat but only the front section, the rear looks very comfortable but IMHO it takes away from the lines of the bike.

Feedback...please

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
ERVikingo,

I don't have the model that you are talking about, however I do own a Corbin YG Solo. I have to say that it is the best seat that I have tried on a V-Rod. Very firm and supportive. Wish that I had it on a 12 hour trip home from Milwaukee.

Looks are subjective, and you will have to decide for yourself, but I just wanted you to know that Corbin does make a great seat!

-Bry

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bry,

The young guns is a great looking seat. Question, can it take a passenger on the rear? If so, any complaints from the riders?

My cannot take over 1 hour on the stock pillion before going ballistic.

Thanks much for your feedback, Juan

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Juan,

You can, but you really need to get a sissy bar if you do. They do make a version that will accomodate the HD sissy bar bracket. The passenger seat is just slightly (I do mean slightly) larger than stock. There is definitely more padding. Also note that the grab strap is no longer there, and cannot used with this seat since the rider and passenger seat is all one unit.

I was the same with the stock unit. After riding for about 4 hours, I had to get off of it every 50 mi. as I felt that I was riding on my tailbone!

Let me know what you decide....

-Bry

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
I have the Hollywood Solo and love it. Not the most comfortable of the after mkts but good looks and does take the pressure off the tailbone.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Manhorse,
Do you carry a passenger with you? If so, what do they think of the pillion?

Has anyone ever compared the HD Sundowner seat to the Hollywood seat? Currently I've got the Willie G seat and love it, however it's not the best for a passenger. I am willing to swap seats whenever the SO comes with me on a long trip - just don't know which seat to swap to - the Sundowner or the Hollywood?

Thanks!
Craig

·
******* Viking
113 Posts
I've got the Corbins Hollywood Solo, and the more I run it more I luv it. During my vacation I did a couple of 600 mile days back-to-back without a single gripe. (well, none related to the seat anyways - lol). Allthough the seat feels hard, there is something about the sculpting (weight distribution) that makes it extremely comfortable on long hauls. And it don't hurt that its the best looking seat of em all (and that would be my not-to-objective opinion :D)

Thor

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
I do have a passenger but not too often since my girlfriend has her own bike. The Corbin pillion is much more comfy than stock but I wouldn't reccomend it for the long haul for a passenger.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
ThorBob, that is a nice seat. Is that the pillion that fits with the fender base plate and luggage rack? I was just curious cuz I think the pillion that does fit with the base plate and luggage rack is a bit smaller, however yours looks like a nice size.

In fact, I like that seat so much that I might even consider keeping it on all the time, as opposed to switching seats for when the SO comes with me - if that pillion above fits with the base plate.

Manhorse, thanks for the post. Just out of curiousity what would you recommend - have you heard?

Ideally, it would be nice to have one seat that does it all, however if I do need to swap seats for long trips with the SO I am willing to do this. Also, keep in mind that a long trip for the SO is only 300 miles ;)

·
******* Viking
113 Posts
fehrc: that is the pillion for no rack / baseplate. You are correct, I think the one for rack/baseplate is a bit thinner.

Thor

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys,

I just ordered the Hollywood solo from Chopper Steve in black with Gator texture. Pics to come.

Juan

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys,

I finally received my seat. I guess we had a major communication problem with Corbin since it took this long. VMod stayed on it and got it through!!!

I tried it tonight (and after getting a royal soaking - major rainstorm) I can say its very good. You ride lower and whilst the foam is firmer the added width makes it feel more comfortable.

Not sure about my choice of alligator. It looks great but I think I lost some of the high tech look of the bike. I'll give myself some weeks to adjust.

Cheers, Juan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Juan, can you post some pics? After I hide some wires in my drag bar and then clean up My dogs a$$. My seat is next, I was just going to have the standard one re done in a dark grey. But if the holywood solo is as good as you guys say it is maybe i need a new seat altogether.

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
i bought franks dual tour seat, when i get a chance to get home and try it i'll let you know how it feels, i think it looked awesome on his bike.and the SO should love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Ricky, :wazzup: How much? Does it come in colors? How far have you gone on it? Gotta keep Pimpin out my ride. :laugh:

·
4,638 Posts
Check out the site www.agouracustomauto.com

I rode a little over 400 miles last weekend and Love this seat. Ever ware I stopped people wanted to know where I got it.... And yes you can get it in any color and material you want with or with out gel insert and any type of stitching you want

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
I just ordered the Hollywood Solo yesterday w/ rack from Corbin yesterday.
Black leather/(leather is always better than that faux crap)
I will put the HD base plate on, pick out a nice backrest from HD, send the backrest to Corbin so they can put their black leather on to match the seat,
and whenever I take the wife for a ride I have a nice match all around. :thumb:

Alot has to be said for Corbin quality....Similar to Vanson if you get my drift.

·
VROOOOOMMM!!!
763 Posts
Shawn Nelson said:
i bought franks dual tour seat, when i get a chance to get home and try it i'll let you know how it feels, i think it looked awesome on his bike.and the SO should love it.
I like that pic-- what seat is that?? who makes it? who sells it??
it looks very deep and has a lot of backrest built in for the driver-- is that so?? I haven't got rid of that nasty stocker yet :yak: , but am looking for a nicer one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts