Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..So Iv had the vrod muscle for about six weeks or so and love It, except for the stock seat the back of It after about half an hour starts to hurt my tail bone and becomes very uncomfortable . So my question Is , Is there anybody using a Corbin seat ? how do you like It Is It worth the almost $600 ? I just checked there web site out the seats look very comfortable but then so does the stock seat until you get on It ,
Any input would be very appreciated ....Thanks .

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Hey guys..So Iv had the vrod muscle for about six weeks or so and love It, except for the stock seat the back of It after about half an hour starts to hurt my tail bone and becomes very uncomfortable . So my question Is , Is there anybody using a Corbin seat ? how do you like It Is It worth the almost $600 ? I just checked there web site out the seats look very comfortable but then so does the stock seat until you get on It ,
Any input would be very appreciated ....Thanks .
Corbin is involved with his EV car design. Could explain why the prices are so high as this company is feeding money into that. Not sure how good customer relations is, with the owner distracted like that. The seat does look comfy though. Me, I'm not sure those rivets wouldn't pound themselves into the painted parts?
Ron

·
Asatruar
2,929 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree with flybigjet. I had the Corbin on my bike for about 6 months. It was a huge improvement over the stock seat, but then I found a bitchin seat on the want ads here and took the plunge. I thought the Corbin was a great seat until I spent the day riding with the Bitchin seat.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,152 Posts
I had a "not great" experience with Corbin, so that sort of colored my opinion of them.

I had a Corbin seat on my Street Rod that I'd ordered from them. After mounting it, I found that the pan mold wasn't remotely symmetrical, which explained why the seat didn't fit right.

I flew out to CA with the seat and drove down to Corbin's shop in Hollister. I got a lot of static on having them fix the pan and recover the seat. Even though the seat was literally less than a month old, it was VERY irritating that they a) put out a substandard product, b) I had to hold their feet to the fire to fix it and c) they really didn't care-- they looked at their other R molds and they were all flawed the same way-- they showed zero percent interest in fixing it for future customers (which may be one reason they stopped carrying that particular seat shortly thereafter).

I got it fixed eventually, but it cost me a day out of my life and sitting in an airplane for two flights.

BSC on the other hand? WOW! Talk about perfection. The owner spent HOURS talking to me about exactly what I wanted, sent me the uncovered seat to make sure it was what I wanted, adjusted it as per my feedback, sent it back to double-check, and then finally covered it.

In this particular instance? I'd say you get what you pay for.

R.

·
Asatruar
2,929 Posts
In my particular instance,I got what I could (barely) afford. If Bitchin' Seats were the only choice,I'd have been stuck with the stock Sundowner. Which I did not care for one bit.

And it's entirely likely I'd have soon sold the Street Rod.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Corbin Seat

I took the plunge on the Corbin because of the uncomfortable stock seat. It looked great, but was dam stiff. I called in and they assured me that it would break down a bit and soften up. I'm a big guy and lets just say I had to go to a fabric store in the middle of a long trip to buy a big thick slab of foam to cut into the shape of a seat to stuff it under my ass after every fuel up stop. That brings a whole other point to light. If you use at Tee-Bag and have it facing the front like I do because I have a 3 gallon gas tank sitting on the tiny little luggage rack and strapped to the custom polished aluminum sissy bar and plumbed into the 5 gal tank under seat, every time you stop for gas you have to remove the Tee-Bag because the whole seat hinges. 15 min gas stops.
What I ended up doing was rebuild the stock seat, adding width and thickness, then had it re-upholstered. I'll add picks Later.
I still have the Corbin seat complete w/ hinge and lock / key and I would make you or someone a great deal.

DJ Tanner

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is for a VRSCDX...

Never tried a bitchin seat but got the Corbin as have had them in the past and in the beginning it is very hard does soften over time and mold to you.

Again never tried a bitchin but dont think you would be disappointed with the Corbin after it breaks in plus I like the fact it adds a lock for the seat (not sure if the bitchin does that).

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Asatruar
2,929 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,152 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a lockable corbin I bought for my F model, but it will not work with saddlebags. I'll sell it for $300 plus shipping. Message me if you are interested.
John

·
Registered
136 Posts
I looked in to the Corbin. Its nice to be sure, but I ended up with a HD sundowner seat and pillion. I ordered it and got it straight from Milwaukie. $288.00 plus tax
It's a huge difference and has made all day rides possible again. At first I didn't like the pillion seat but it has grown on me making the vrod look a little more conventional. Wifey likes it too, but still won't ride on the back. Anyway, I'm extremely happy, the sundowner uses the same seat pan so it's a easy install. If you go that way, you DON'T need the base plate unless you plan on a rack or backrest. And if you carry a passenger, you probably will want a rear backrest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a lockable corbin I bought for my F model, but it will not work with saddlebags. I'll sell it for $300 plus shipping. Message me if you are interested.
John
johnr204... Can you msg me pics of the Corbin seat you have for sale?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought a low mileage 2002 VRSC that has a dual Corbin seat with dual backrests. I would be willing to sell it if you are interested. I won’t have the bike for about 3 more weeks though. Can send what photos I have.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts