Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping that someone with a Corbin seat can give some advice on a problem I am having with the seat not unlatching. I have an 09 AW.
I was hoping for a tip on how to make this seat open without a struggle. Corbins customer service has been no help. thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have one on my dx, love the seat on long or short rides. I know what you mean about the latch, there is plenty of adjustment room on the latch hardware, just work it around until the seat pin goes into the hole cleanly, hold the key so the latch is open, the pin should go in and out with no problem.

If you are unable to work it out, you either have a hardware or installation
problem.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I have a Corbin on my '02, but I'm thinking your seat does not lock with the ignition? It's just a friction fit? The problem I've had with mine a couple of times is that the seat can slide back a bit on the hinge then binds if I don't get it back forward before I close it. Make sure your seat is being held forward on the hinge.

·
(Peter)
488 Posts
I purchased my Corbin seat directly from Corbin in Daytona back when they were on Main Street, so they did the install right there. I remember there was a similar problem, but it had to due with too much material on the pan and too much height on the rubber bumbers. They shaved both down and the problem went away.

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
I bought used and had to WD40 the cable/mechanism to get the lock to open smother. Just a thought

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice, got it figured out, What a huge difference between the Corbin and stock set up, not to mention that now I have a locking seat, have a little peace of mind when leaving the bike parked for any length of time.

What was a little disappointing was that Corbins customer service never got back to me with any info on how to address the problem. Great seat anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts