Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
06 VRSCR
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who sells Corbin seats cheap.
Corbin lists the Hollywood rider seat and pillion at $900 for both.
That's an outrageously high price to pay.
I currently have the Sundowner, but want to sit lower and further back.
I took my Sundowner all apart and it's just not possible to modify it because of the base pan configuration and the foam is too thin.

06 VRSCR

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you.... Called Corbin thinking I could just get a way with the front seat, but won't work with the stock rear seat. $900 plus shipping is just too much. I have looked around but don't see any other manufactures doing anything for the R.

Good luck

Kevin

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
What about the new one that GR Customs is selling? Have you given that one a look? I think forum members get a discount too.

·
Banned
4,397 Posts
Look into having your seat customized, its alot cheaper and will be one of a kind if you do it right!!

·
06 VRSCR
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ddavis said:
What about the new one that GR Customs is selling? Have you given that one a look? I think forum members get a discount too.
The GR Customs is a nice looking seat and a decent price, but doesn't fit a VRSCR. I just sent them an e-mail about doing a seat for my bike. I'll let everyone know what I find out.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
hackenfort said:
I'm in the same boat as you.... Called Corbin thinking I could just get a way with the front seat, but won't work with the stock rear seat. $900 plus shipping is just too much. I have looked around but don't see any other manufactures doing anything for the R.

Good luck

Kevin
This is exactly why I haven't bought one and don't plan on it either.

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Plus, they are not the good quality. Ask Dale R.
Its overpriced, my ass starts to hurt at 200 miles, its heavy and the leather is cracking. Other than that its an o.k. seat. I will have to strap on an air cushion or get my stock seat reworked for any long trips. The last Corbin seat I bought was cheaper, better quality and a lot more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
My Corbin fits me perfectly. True, they are expensive, but mine have all lasted for years. Never hurts, wears like iron, and provides great support. I have been using them >20 years, and have never had a problem. I see folks spending thousands to have a custom seat made, and I see folks do it themselves. The stock seat was terrible to me.
PM KWIKR, BrianVRSCR, Captfrog, and see how they are doing on their "R" seat projects. My experience with a custom seat was even more costly than a new Corbin, and when I sold that bike, the new owner removed it! Make it fit you, and you will really enjoy it. I have had great luck. Frequently, you will find them on ebay, or in the classified. Good luck! Joe

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
CPTJAM said:
My Corbin fits me perfectly. True, they are expensive, but mine have all lasted for years. Never hurts, wears like iron, and provides great support. I have been using them >20 years, and have never had a problem. I see folks spending thousands to have a custom seat made, and I see folks do it themselves. The stock seat was terrible to me.
PM KWIKR, BrianVRSCR, Captfrog, and see how they are doing on their "R" seat projects. My experience with a custom seat was even more costly than a new Corbin, and when I sold that bike, the new owner removed it! Make it fit you, and you will really enjoy it. I have had great luck. Frequently, you will find them on ebay, or in the classified. Good luck! Joe
I did my custom seat for $450 and it works like a champ. Corbin SUCKS and that is how I feel. To each their own I guess, but my custom seat works like a champ.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
BrianVRSCR said:
I did my custom seat for $450 and it works like a champ. Corbin SUCKS and that is how I feel. To each their own I guess, but my custom seat works like a champ.
Brian, Did you do it, or design it and have it done? If you have someone that does good work, please share that. The one thing we agree on - the stock seat is uncomfortable!

·
Dreaming of Twisties
593 Posts
Ergoguy34 said:
Look into having your seat customized, its alot cheaper and will be one of a kind if you do it right!!
:them: $400 or so to Rick Mayer for front and back and you're as good as gold! I had him give me the "vertically challenged" treatment on my Sundowner (at 6'3", I never thought I'd be asking for that!), bike's 1000% easier to push around now, ride quality's great - and my passenger's happy as a clam.

Screw Corbin - $900? Are they F'n kidding?

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
CPTJAM said:
Brian, Did you do it, or design it and have it done? If you have someone that does good work, please share that. The one thing we agree on - the stock seat is uncomfortable!
I just had the idea. I took it to a local upholstery shop I had heard about and seen their work. I had them take 2" out of each side of my sundowner and put alittle more cushion in for my backside. I then had them recover it in chrome alligator skin. pics in gallery I think. If not I can take some.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
1 cool seat picture. Take one from the side to show the 2" modification. Gallery reflects the old "R". I know I saw new paint, wheels and motor; in other threads. Please Share!

·
Premium Member
6,337 Posts
CPTJAM said:
1 cool seat picture. Take one from the side to show the 2" modification. Gallery reflects the old "R". I know I saw new paint, wheels and motor; in other threads. Please Share!
I will get to it when I can have been working my ass off trying to get my bike back up and running.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts