Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a more comfortable rider seat on my 2003 "A" fro long trips.
I have heard good things about both the Corbin and the Sundowner as potential upgrades.
Have any of you tried both?
Suggestions?

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
I havent tried the corbin, but I have about 70k on my sundowner and love it.

shoe

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
I sat on the Corbin and didn't like it, then I tried a Sundowner, I bought the Sundowner and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have the Sundowner on my 02A, it is the most comfortable seat for me, that I have come across on a V-Rod. I have had Mustang seats on my other rides and the downer beats them.

·
Damaged Goods.....
599 Posts
I vote for the Corbin- I get compliments on it every time I'm out for the low look. Most comfortable seat short of my Dads Ultra Classic Barka Lounger.
Pics in my Gallery.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have both seats Wink. The Sundowner is much more comfortable than the stock seat, The Corbin (Dual Tour) is only slightly more comfortable than the Sundowner. Sundowner is a lot less money and it works with all the V-rod accessories, like the rack and V-Rod sissy bars. Its a good choice. To me the Corbin looks better and it doesn't move me as far forward as the Sundowner so my legs are more comfortable. Bottom line is I like the Corbin more but only because I was able to buy a slightly used one from a forum brother for a good price. All things considered I think the Sundowner is a better value. :)

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I have the Sundowner and the Corbin Hollywood Solo. The Sundowner is 100% more comfortable but the Corbin looks great. The Corbin isn't uncomfortable, like the stock seat, it's just not as comfortable as the Sundowner.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the corbin, and sundowner, The corbin looks better and is a bit stiffer, however I have yet go on a long ride 200 miles or more. The sundowner I put almost 500 miles in one day about this time last year. It was good until about 300 miles. After that I could feel the base pan and every vibration the bike had to give. So I guess your question comes to riding style and budget. I also bought my corbin here on the forum, for me the jury is still out on wether I keep the corbin, or keep the sundowner. For everyday riding, the sundowner seems most popular.

·
Silver Bullet
540 Posts
I believe the Corbins look better. Corbins have to be broken in. They are hard out of the box, but the memory foam shapes to you and then it is more comfortable after several hundred miles of riding. I have 25k on my Corbin and can ride all day. Of course I am referring to the more comfortable touring seat. Now the passanger seat is another issue. My wife says it is some improvement but VRods were never really designed for double up. The passanger and rider are just too close. Corbin is very expensive and leather requires more care and will not stand up as well to the elements as artifical.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
I'm just about to order a sundowner,but is there a other more stock-like pillion available for the looks in one up?

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Sundowner:)

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Now you just need to comapre arses to make sure yours is the same as the guys who vote for Corbin or Sundowner so you make the right choice!

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
We looked at both also. We got the Sundowner. We didn't see a Corbin that matched our paint either.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Shed said:
Now you just need to comapre arses to make sure yours is the same as the guys who vote for Corbin or Sundowner so you make the right choice!
:laugh:

·
Registered
715 Posts
mjw930 said:
I have the Sundowner and the Corbin Hollywood Solo. The Sundowner is 100% more comfortable but the Corbin looks great. The Corbin isn't uncomfortable, like the stock seat, it's just not as comfortable as the Sundowner.
Same here I with ya 100%

·
Official bike nut
1,099 Posts
I have an 06 D and went with the Sundowner because I wanted a more comfortable seat than the stock "tufted and roll" stock seat. Well yesterday I was able to place some serious mileage on it and while it is indeed more comfortable, I just don't care for the way it lowers me and pushes me forward. We need to remember, I'm on an 06 D, this bike has mid controls and with this seat, now I find the brake pedal to be in an uncomfortable place. I am going to place it for sale here first and see if anyone wants it. If not, It's off to Ebay.

·
Ted
1,632 Posts
shudude said:
I havent tried the corbin, but I have about 70k on my sundowner and love it.

shoe
I have about 58K on my sundowner. It just isn't as cushy as it was when I first put it on. I guess it could also be that I'm older and more brittle in most areas of my body.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts