Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I just got my new seat from Corbin about a month ago, now they have lowered their prices, and they cut them pretty good.

For the setup I orded for the R - it's dropped about $400 in price now.

Take a look www.corbin.com

Wish I waited!

Now if they would only lower the beetle bags?

Kevin

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
About time they got realistic about their prices. Those high prices are why I haven't purchased a new seat from them. Figured I could live without it before I spent what they wanted.

Thanks for the heads up! :D

·
Registered
494 Posts
hackenfort said:
Yes I just got my new seat from Corbin about a month ago, now they have lowered their prices, and they cut them pretty good.

For the setup I orded for the R - it's dropped about $400 in price now.

Take a look www.corbin.com

Wish I waited!

Now if they would only lower the beetle bags?

Kevin
Gee, think [maybe] the word is out that they ought to clear out their stock of R seats?

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Still around $600, still to rich for my blood for a hard seat.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
mnerren said:
The Young Guns seat is $369, does anyone know how much it was before?
Your right, I was looking at the hollywood solo. The young guns is really cheap now.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I thought the young gun was up in the high 5 or low 6's before. Has anyone riding any distance on it, comfy? or hard? How does it stack up to the saddlemen.

·
Member #415
1,712 Posts
gsxrdoug said:
I thought the young gun was up in the high 5 or low 6's before. Has anyone riding any distance on it, comfy? or hard? How does it stack up to the saddlemen.
Domvrodder had the Young Guns (he had EVERY seat available for the V-Rod)
and he said it was the "Most Comfortable" seat he tried !:deal:

·
Registered
325 Posts
SaintStephen said:
And what a hard seat it is. I'm still battling with it.
s
I have the Dual Touring saddle set in full black and, yes, it's a very firm ride ... what really bothers me, though, is that the rear seat is somewhat angled forward. I hate it when my girls fidget to reseat themselves back to the rear of their seat after I've come to a full stop.

I make sure the leather dressing I use doesn't add to the problem, but with the leather as smooth as it is PLUS the angle I'm fighting an uphill battle. :tmbsdow:

Thinking about changing out to the Sundowner ... seems it's a bit more comfortable for both positions ...

thoughts? comments?

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
I was thinking about the dual touring. The wife wanted a taller backrest, and when I ride alone I'd rather not have a back rest at all. Seemed logical that the dual touring with the removable backrest would be a good solution, but you aren't giving me any warm fuzzies about the idea.

Next question is does Corbin give you any options on seat height and position? I've got the Sundowner now and would hate to sit any lower than I already am.

-jt

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Is the Corbin Young Guns seat a 1 piece like the CFR seat? Any comments on the fit of this seat? I notice they have one for the luggage rack and one without, I am guessing they are talking about the chrome base plate that the luggage rack mounts on.

I'm thinking that price is pretty good considering it is a Corbin and CFR stopped making their seat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts