Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group,

Does anyone have pics of the Corbin Hollywood Solo Seat on a V-Rod. I love my Corbin touring seat, but I plan on show my bike after the rebuild and I need a smaller seat. Also, what leather do you have. I want something better looking than the smooth leather.

Frank

·
Ghost Rider
549 Posts
Hey Frank,

I ordered one from Chopper Steve a week ago. From my research he has the best prices on them.

As soon as I get it I'll take pics of it installed (actually, when we get together to pick up the rear fender you might be able to see it yourself - if received by then). I asked V-Mod to get an aditional 1/4 to 1/2 inches of padding if possible so it will look slightly taller than normal.

As to finish, I went with black leather with the baby crocodile texture. I did not just want a plain looking leather seat plus being in Florida....

Cheers, Juan

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Thanks Juan, that's the setup I have (base plate) so look forward to your pics.

Enjoy your trip! Not sure where you're going in England, however I lived in London for a year and thoroughly enjoyed it! Have a pint for me!

Craig

·
Ghost Rider
549 Posts
Craig,

I go there approx once a month. I normally go to London for meetings (and have office there at Cannon Street) but stay in West Sussex. I'll have many a pints of Harveys... I'll put your name on one of them.

I normally hang out at a local pub where they host exotic car shows and the meetings of the local HOG chapter (1012 I believe). My client rides a highly customized VRod.

Are you in insurance by any chance?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Juan,

I took a year contract with an oil and gas company (LASMO - since been bought by ENI/Agip) to project manage the implementation of a procurement and inventory system.

I actually lived in Brentwood, Essex and worked downtown on Bishopsgate street - right next to Liverpool Street station.

I wish I would have known of the pub you speak of - sounds great! I normally drink Courage (bitter) but a pint of Harveys would be just fine ;)

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VrodG

Yes, it is in perfect condition. It is the most comfortable seat that I have seen on a V-Rod. My wile loves the rear seat also.

Let me check and see what I have in it and I will PM you. Where do you live?

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VrodG

The removable back rest work very well with this seat both for the driver and the passenger. This seat will not work with the HD luggage rack. I use the explorer Jr. pack from Saddleman and it will hold clothing for two for a 3 or 4 day trip. It straps directly to the passenger back rest without the use of the luggage rack. It works very well. http://www.saddlemen.com/harleyindex.html The attached pic is my trip to Daytona Biketoberfest. It has the pack on the drivers back rest. I have also taken trips two up with it on the passengers back rest.

Frank

Attachments

·
Ghost Rider
549 Posts
Hey Craig,

I did receive the seat but returned prior to install as I received the wrong texture (I ordered Alligator and received Ostrich). VMod indicated that the replacement should take 2/3 weeks. Will post as soon as received and installed.

Later, Juan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.