Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,

Does anyone have pics of the Corbin Hollywood Solo Seat on a V-Rod. I love my Corbin touring seat, but I plan on show my bike after the rebuild and I need a smaller seat. Also, what leather do you have. I want something better looking than the smooth leather.

Frank

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Hey Frank,

I ordered one from Chopper Steve a week ago. From my research he has the best prices on them.

As soon as I get it I'll take pics of it installed (actually, when we get together to pick up the rear fender you might be able to see it yourself - if received by then). I asked V-Mod to get an aditional 1/4 to 1/2 inches of padding if possible so it will look slightly taller than normal.

As to finish, I went with black leather with the baby crocodile texture. I did not just want a plain looking leather seat plus being in Florida....

Cheers, Juan

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Cool Frank, will do. Don't know how long it will take to get here though. Anyhow, I'm off to England later today and won't be back until Saturday. Hopefully it will be waiting for me on my return.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Can't wait to see your pics, Juan. BTW, which pillion did you order - the one to fit the fender base plate?

Craig

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Craig,

I ordered the pillion for the base plate (which I just ordered also) as I will also be installing the chromed rack.

Will post pics ASAP. Stay tuned for more. Juan

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Thanks Juan, that's the setup I have (base plate) so look forward to your pics.

Enjoy your trip! Not sure where you're going in England, however I lived in London for a year and thoroughly enjoyed it! Have a pint for me!

Craig

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Craig,

I go there approx once a month. I normally go to London for meetings (and have office there at Cannon Street) but stay in West Sussex. I'll have many a pints of Harveys... I'll put your name on one of them.

I normally hang out at a local pub where they host exotic car shows and the meetings of the local HOG chapter (1012 I believe). My client rides a highly customized VRod.

Are you in insurance by any chance?

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Juan,

I took a year contract with an oil and gas company (LASMO - since been bought by ENI/Agip) to project manage the implementation of a procurement and inventory system.

I actually lived in Brentwood, Essex and worked downtown on Bishopsgate street - right next to Liverpool Street station.

I wish I would have known of the pub you speak of - sounds great! I normally drink Courage (bitter) but a pint of Harveys would be just fine ;)

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VrodG

Yes, it is in perfect condition. It is the most comfortable seat that I have seen on a V-Rod. My wile loves the rear seat also.

Let me check and see what I have in it and I will PM you. Where do you live?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Does the HD luggage rack work with this seat? How about the back rest for driver & passenger.......can these be added?

·
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VrodG

The removable back rest work very well with this seat both for the driver and the passenger. This seat will not work with the HD luggage rack. I use the explorer Jr. pack from Saddleman and it will hold clothing for two for a 3 or 4 day trip. It straps directly to the passenger back rest without the use of the luggage rack. It works very well. http://www.saddlemen.com/harleyindex.html The attached pic is my trip to Daytona Biketoberfest. It has the pack on the drivers back rest. I have also taken trips two up with it on the passengers back rest.

Frank

Attachments

·
Ghost Rider
533 Posts
Hey Craig,

I did receive the seat but returned prior to install as I received the wrong texture (I ordered Alligator and received Ostrich). VMod indicated that the replacement should take 2/3 weeks. Will post as soon as received and installed.

Later, Juan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts