Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rodman said:
Maybe not hideous... but well not my cup-o-tea!

Makes the bike look top heavy...
It needs to be balanced with bags and engine guards, but I keep thinking if it works great, and I got it in vivid black, then maybe. At $1400 I probably won't pop for it on a whim, but at half that price I would. If someone buys it and posts that they love it and its the best thing since sliced bread, who knows?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
We have a couple more here who are mounting the KenDay. At $500, and removable, it seems a far better option. Someone at Corbin has a strange sense of style, I'm a thinkin'.

·
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Daniii said:
We have a couple more here who are mounting the KenDay. At $500, and removable, it seems a far better option. Someone at Corbin has a strange sense of style, I'm a thinking'.
It is growing on me, and the ridges may be there for airflow. It is more streamlined than the KenDay, mounts closer to the rider, and works better with the stock headlight IMO. Of course it is designed for the V-Rod so its proportions are in scale and it comes with its own mounting brackets specifically for the bike. Plus, I like where the brackets put the signal lights.

Like I said, the more I look at it the more I think it might look OK on my bike. However, spending that kind of bread I would want to be sure it works better than the Touring Shield.

As for Corbin Stylists, I agree. Look on the following page for examples of some of the ugliest fairings ever made http://www.corbin.com/fairings_m.shtml However, interspersed you see some attractive ones. The V-Rod Fleetliner is one of the better ones.

Fred

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
RJ had some reported high speed 'instability" issues when he tried to mount an HD fairing on his bike. Its in his garage now. It sits higher than mine. That might be an issue I'd want resolved before spending 1.5 large. And of course, the HD bra can be mounted on the Kenday, which saves painting, waxing, etc for a mere $65. (yes I am a cheap bastard)
I can confirm however, that at 110 mph I have no instability with mine, with either windshield, including passing every kind of vehicle on two lane roads. But then again, it may be that my solid wheels add to my stability.........

:hidesbeh:

·
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Daniii said:
RJ had some reported high speed 'instability" issues when he tried to mount an HD fairing on his bike. Its in his garage now. It sits higher than mine. That might be an issue I'd want resolved before spending 1.5 large.
hidesbeh:
His was definitely mounted too high and too far out in front. Looked strange. Too bad he lost enthusiam for the project. I think he could have tweeked it to work.

Fred

·
Registered
661 Posts
V-Fred said:
It is growing on me, and the ridges may be there for airflow. It is more streamlined than the KenDay, mounts closer to the rider, and works better with the stock headlight IMO. Of course it is designed for the V-Rod so its proportions are in scale and it comes with its own mounting brackets specifically for the bike. Plus, I like where the brackets put the signal lights.

Like I said, the more I look at it the more I think it might look OK on my bike. However, spending that kind of bread I would want to be sure it works better than the Touring Shield.

As for Corbin Stylists, I agree. Look on the following page for examples of some of the ugliest fairings ever made http://www.corbin.com/fairings_m.shtml However, interspersed you see some attractive ones. The V-Rod Fleetliner is one of the better ones.

Fred
:them: I agree, also if you compare it to the HD or Kennyday fairing, the headlamp area is round(on the corbin) and not square-ish, and judging from the pics, it also looks smaller than a full size HD fairing. I was going to order one for sturgis, but they said the lead time for a new order is approx 4 weeks, plus I'm broke:broke: right now...lol.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've seen it on Corbins Dyna bike at several rallies, and I really like it. It looks good with the bags too. I don't know about that price, or on a VRod. It is like a smaller, aerodynamic version of the HD batwing. Hope this helps. I would definitely consider it for my next bike. My Vrod has the windvest, it's more minimalistic.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I dont think it would have fitment issues, unless they changed the handlebars and front end components on the 07s, it should fit 02 to 06.

·
George
5,411 Posts
does it throw the air over your head... looks too low, might cause the dreaded "helmet buffet"

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
laconia76 said:
has anyone tried the Dob Dron, Road King faring on a v-rod ?
Got a link?

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,090 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I'm liking it! And the price is right!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
have couple of friends that had it on their R K's. I actually owned one (unpainted) for a while but traded it for some heads without ever trying it on my RK.
It is much lighter than a HD batwing, the inside is somewhat "unfinished" like the batwings off early FLH's

I like it, too

1 - 20 of 25 Posts