Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've currently got H-D VRSCR-embossed sport bags (came with the pre-owned bike), but they are somewhat smaller than I need. I first found out about the VRSCR while looking at Corbin's web site for potential Suzuki C90 accessories, and they still have the "Beetle Bags" there. Chose the 'R over the C90, of course.

http://corbin.com/harley/vrsca/streetrod_bag.shtml

I'm not sure about them, though. Some larger, slant cut to clear the rear springs/shocks leather bags might be more suitable.

Any experience, thoughts, opinions about the Beetle Bags (other than the silly name), or know of some plain leather that would work with the H-D brackets but give me some more, maybe lockable, storage?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
If you like 'em, get 'em.

That being said...personally I'm not a big fan of the look. To me they just look too vintage for a bike like a V. If you need/want bags I'd go with something different. Not much help, but my opinion.

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts
Eventually I'm going to want bags on my "R" if only for commuting.

Leather throwovers look out of place on a Vrod imo.

I've seen Muscle bags adapted by another forum member to their earlier model bike & they looked good.

For the price of the Corbin bags they should install themselves.
I do like their appearance,just can't pay the price.:broke:

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
If you stil have the stock exhaust you will need to get a 2-1 wxh so you can fit the bigger bags you are wanting. ANd if you are getting rid of he bags let me know if we can make a deal.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen Muscle bags adapted by another forum member to their earlier model bike & they looked good.
I think I saw those on H-D's web site. Since I have the Bassani exhaust, my can isn't much higher, if any, than a Muscle.

I'll search around the site for the thread, thanks.

·
Asatruar
2,965 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Corbin is shit. I had the Beetles and they were too narrow,the workmanship was sloppy, double drilled holes,poorly cut and applied liners,the gelcoat crazed badly and the price is absurd for 3rd rate slag. To top it off, Corbin's customer/warranty service is a bad joke. F--- Corbin. FWIW,the H-D soft quick detach bags are pretty nice. I have them on my R. They are quite capacious though it's not a Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
I have F bags on an R, and like them. No lock, but never messed with. Had to head and mold the inside to clear the shock, but easy enough to do. Joe

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to both H-D HEATHEN and CPTJAM for the "F" links and experience, and to everyone else for their input.

For now, I'll see if I can find someone local with an "F" and bags (maybe one of the local dealers has tried to "option-up" a bike) to see how much more they would really hold, or see if the bags are in stock locally.

My Ducati ST4S panniers are about half again as big as the "F" bags, but I think the "F" bags may be big enough, and are a bit less "precious"-looking (to me) than the Corbin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts