Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Cooling system failure

587 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  RaccoonCityKid 
#1 ·
2016 DX

Was out of town on a long trip with some friends. We finished our ride and hit some stop and go traffic heading back into town. Temperature light came on, rode for another five minutes, looked down and seen a lot of air in my coolant line (killer glass). Parked it and shut it down immediately. When I did the rest of the coolant boiled out of it all over the parking lot. No coolant in the oil and no oil in the coolant plus the bike fires right up like normal so I don’t think I caused any internal damage. Bike was trailered home. One thing I noticed was that my fans were not running when this happened. Anyone have any ideas of how I should start diagnosing this? I have the shop manual as well as the electrical manual, but they don’t really say much. Nothing coming out of the weep hole on the water pump, triple sprocket was loc-tite’d last year, and the fans come on when I jump them to the battery. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.