Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody please tell me, what coolant should i be running? i know its a personal choice thing to a degree, but there must be one that is suited for the v rod

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Pretty much anything that is 50/50 and your choice of color. Nothing specific really

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
can anybody please tell me, what coolant should i be running? i know its a personal choice thing to a degree, but there must be one that is suited for the v rod
If you care about your engine case the coolant you use should be silicate and phosphate free and mixed 50/50 (if not premixed it needs to be cut with distilled/deionized water).

There are many choices besides the HD product (99822-02) like GM Dexcool and, according to this thread, the HD product is just relabeled “Peak Global Lifetime 50/50” available from NAPA.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
np.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Why run Red Line Oil's "Water Wetter" to help cool down the V's potent powerplant instead of using a better coolant product?.

I run Evan's Coolant in all my vehicles and have ran it for years.I will be swtiching the my X to Evans as soon as it arrives and am certain that it will perform as well in the v as it does in my two diesel pick-ups.With my two trucks I have near 400k(290k on the 98 and 100k on the 01.5)and it has been in both since they came home new from the dealerships.

To me "Water Wetter" may work Ok for race applications where quick cooldowns and short high temp conditions are seen but IMO its nothing more than a band-aid on a cooling system for a daily driver.

Is Evans expensive,some would say so,but,what price can you put on protection of your toys that you have your hard earned money sunk into.Maybe some might think it is overkill,and I had others with same thoughts when I put it in my with my pick-ups,but it has been some of the best protection and money I have spent...........Andy

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts