Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
Joined
·
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to my dismay after a short ride last night on my 02 VRSCA, I had some coolant on my front pipe and frame. I popped the air box cover off and behold my eyes the coolant lid nipple broke off clean inside the rubber return hose. Well I found one in stock and wanted to give everyone the actual part number for it. I couldnt locate it on here in the search.

Coolant Tank replacement of old style tank NEW part # 26731-01A
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,366 Posts
ohioVROD said:
Well to my dismay after a short ride last night on my 02 VRSCA, I had some coolant on my front pipe and frame. I popped the air box cover off and behold my eyes the coolant lid nipple broke off clean inside the rubber return hose. Well I found one in stock and wanted to give everyone the actual part number for it. I couldnt locate it on here in the search.

Coolant Tank replacement of old style tank NEW part # 26731-0A
I hate correcting anyone but the actual part number is 26731-01A (Finger check I suspect). $31.23 at Zanottis.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RustyG said:
I hate correcting anyone but the actual part number is 26731-01A (Finger check I suspect). $31.23 at Zanottis.

Thanks sorry! I was sooooo excited that the dealer actually had one in stock!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,366 Posts
ohioVROD said:
Thanks sorry! I was sooooo excited that the dealer actually had one in stock!
Your dealer actually stocks V-Rod parts?
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RustyG said:
Your dealer actually stocks V-Rod parts?

Yeah I about passed the freak out! I paid $46 for it but it was in stock so I will take it instead of waiting. I bought some coolant and they had to literally blow the dust off the bottle, thats scary! HAHA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
Is this the new redesigned coolant tank or the same as the old one?
I am going to change my coolant with prestone extended life premix and I think I will do the coolant tank upgrade at the same time.

Mike
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
954rrmike said:
Is this the new redesigned coolant tank or the same as the old one?
I am going to change my coolant with prestone extended life premix and I think I will do the coolant tank upgrade at the same time.

Mike

Mike this is a all new tank, they NO longer stock the old style due to poor design. Takes about 5 mins to swap out. Good luck!:D
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top