Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just broke the cap for the coolant tank on our 2003 and the HD store only sells the whole tank and cap for $63. Has anyone broken off the hose barb and found another cap out there that works that might be cheaper?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgive what might be a really dumb question but, how does the white tube connect to this coupler fitting? It appears to be threaded through it and I can only see that it would thread onto the 90 bib to hold it to the cap.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Forgive what might be a really dumb question but, how does the white tube connect to this coupler fitting? It appears to be threaded through it and I can only see that it would thread onto the 90 bib to hold it to the cap.
Difficult to see, it looks like it is just pushed into the brass fitting which as long as it is tight or glued should not be a problem. There was another thread on here with the same repair but I cannot find it, and that one used another hose barb screwed onto the elbow with the cap trapped between the two. That way you had the 90deg barb on top and a straight barb below. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.