Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed braided coolant lines, and did not notice any leakage until returning from a ride. Now I am having a difficult time removing the stains left from the coolant. I have tried Simple Green and Never Dull without any results. Please make suggestions. This is my first posting; I have gained a great deal of knowledge just reading several pages of postings. Thanks, in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a similar proplem with my aluminum wheels. Tried Mothers, Harley. Turtle chrome and metal and polishing compound. They shine but the ulgly spots are still there. Help?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Are you sure your talking about the aluminum or did you get the coolant on the powder coat finish of the engine.

For the wheels sand them with fine grit paper and then polish them. Nothing else will get stains off of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not talking about the powder coating, I am addressing the aluminium under the large coolant hose I replaced with a HD braided hose kit. I think I complicated things when the coolant was allowed to sit on the aluminium parts after it was heated on the way to work and sat there until I returned home that night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts