Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
X - Kschues
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading that members had a problem with the coolant reservoir cap breaking at where the hose comes in. I think that Max was at one point even selling replacement reservoirs in the store.

Well, Mine broke and I need a new one. Was this a warrantee issue or am I one my own? Can I buy one through the store or do I have to visit my stealor? My baby needs a drink of water!!!! She is thirsty!

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
I took a plastic sip tie and a soldering iron and welded the nipple back on the cap rode like that till the other one came in but I had to buy the whole bottle I'm sure someone on here maybe like you said Max might have just the caps.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Just did mine

Just replaced mine, the cap is no longer available, you have to buy the replacement kit which comes with the bottle, new hose and cap. Harley part # 26731-01A list $48.05, better design.

·
Registered
68 Posts
They call it an upgrade so you are on your own. Funny thing when I went to the dealer, they showed a part number and price so I paid them and had to wait for the part to come in. When the part came in they called me to pick it up but when I got there the cap was in a huge box or so I thought, the cashier said it will be forty something, but I showed them the paid receipt so she called the parts mgr and he told me they don't have very many vrods so the partsman didn't know they upgraded to a new design. I thanked him and paid them for the part. I guess were pretty much at their mercy... it's kind of hard to ride without antifreeze.

·
X - Kschues
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ndfspd said:
Just replaced mine, the cap is no longer available, you have to buy the replacement kit which comes with the bottle, new hose and cap. Harley part # 26731-01A list $48.05, better design.

Does this come in chrome????

:rofl2:

·
05 VRSCA
263 Posts
Mine just broke as well, here is a quick fix until I can order a new one. This is a irrigation drip hose connector, pull out the broken piece from the host and it fits nice and tight on both ends.

·
Registered
60 Posts
26731-04 is the new design, hose doesn't connect to the cap. It's about 10 bucks cheaper, get a new 1/4" hose at an auto parts store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts