Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a VRSCSE2 (2006 SE Vrod). Lately, but not every time, after a ride it will spit out a cup +- of coolant on my garage after I shut down. . .I know you're going to first think it's overfilled but I promise you it is NOT. It was at it's previous level for months and never spilled any until 3 weeks ago. I never fill it past the "Cold Full" level on the coolant reservoir but it still does it occasionally. Any ideas what could be causing this new development? Sure would appreciate some help.:notworth: Thanks
Mark
:moped:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ehhh coolant issues become major issues.

I would test the system with a pressure test at around 1.3 bar for 30 minutes. If it passed with no leaks try draining, filling, new cap, and bleeding the system properly.

If the coolant test fails, then check compression. If the compression test fails then its a head or gasket issue. You could be forcing compressed air fuel mix into the cooling system, which then causes it to run hotter.

Does the fan kin on more often then normal?
Any intermix?
Any smoke?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Outtowin PAHC

No intermix (oil / water)
No Smoke (and no residue on pipes)
Fan acts as it always has

If pressurizing the coolant system, then wouldn't it be likely to happen even while the engine is running versus only happening when shut down. . .and only on occasion? Also, regarding intermix. . there is no fuel in the spilled coolant

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
No intermix (oil / water)
No Smoke (and no residue on pipes)
Fan acts as it always has

If pressurizing the coolant system, then wouldn't it be likely to happen even while the engine is running versus only happening when shut down. . .and only on occasion? Also, regarding intermix. . there is no fuel in the spilled coolant
Check the radiator hose clamps... pressure builds up after engine is stopped. If clamps become loose any at all... there is your answer.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
thermostat?
Stuck Thermostat would make it overheat while running. That is not the symptoms he describes. My bike did exactly as he described with on loose radiator clamp. mine was a lower radiator clamp .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts