Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know (sigh), every time I take something apart on my bike, I find SOMETHING ELSE the retard tech at the stealership put back together WRONG when they had my motor out.

Coolant overflow hose is SUPPOSED to route through the oval hole between the rear head and swingarm passthrough, rear of & below the rear exhaust header. This numbnuts ran the hoses between the pulley cover and the case (which wouldn't be so BAD if he only SECURED THEM so they wouldn't get rubbed by the belt) something I did by loosely running a cable tie around the hoses, and around the bolt mounting point on the lower/rear pulley cover bolt.

Now that I have the exhaust out (new V&H 2:1 going in tomorrow), I'd like to route them through the CORRECT LOCATION, but cant see for the life of me where they are supposed to EXIT on the bottom of the case.

I suppose I can crawl under a NEW ONE at the stealership tomorrow (what I usually do when in doubt of where something is supposed to go when NEW).

If anyone can clue me to the easy(er) procedure to get the hoses routed in the proper location, I'd be grateful...

Regards,

Rick

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
To the best of my knowledge it runs straight through the oval pass-thru and just hangs there pointing directly at the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts