Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a coolant leaking problem on an 05 a model George I have pink fluid leaking from left side near hoes( little one) on top and on frame on rt side George

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I would snug up the clamps and see if it still leaks

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
the_flcowboy said:
I did that and no difference not alot but drops
Not to be a pain but did you torque them to spec? It was not until I actually put a torque wrench on my clamps and tightened them to spec that my leaking stopped. 30 inch pounds is tighter than you think.

·
Registered
83 Posts
mine was sloshing from under rubber filler cap on expansion tank when accelerating or leaning .....I went to Lowe's for rubber washer 7/16x1x1/16 in hdwe specialty section -this fit perfectly under cap for a tighter fit and stopped my leak. When riding the leak was on rt. down tube and when parked on jiffy stand (after a ride),it collected under expansion tank and would follow gravity and appear to be leaking on left side...

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Brand new O7, also spitting out coolant.

Level now well below the normal, but still plenty of water in the tank. I'm dithering about whether to top it up, or leave it at the level where it seems to have stopped.

It will be at the Faro Rally tomorrow (European equivalent of Daytona), and will be running very slowly for an hour or so in the heat.

Advice?

[Edited to remove erroneous ref to tank]

·
Will Work For Mod $$
2,866 Posts
scottmcf said:
mine was sloshing from under rubber filler cap on expansion tank when accelerating or leaning .....I went to Lowe's for rubber washer 7/16x1x1/16 in hdwe specialty section -this fit perfectly under cap for a tighter fit and stopped my leak. When riding the leak was on rt. down tube and when parked on jiffy stand (after a ride),it collected under expansion tank and would follow gravity and appear to be leaking on left side...

I had the same problem...Just used a little silicone sealer under the cap...It drove me crazy for months trying to find out where the leak was...

·
Registered Useless
590 Posts
When I bought my '05, I had nicked O'rings on thermostat housing (where it inserts into the heads). That squirted a lot of coolant everywhere as the motor got hot.

·
Banned
365 Posts
on my 05 B, i had to replace the hose that runs from the radiator filler cap(under the seat). it started leaking where it goes into the radiator neck itself, when i was inspecting it after a ride i just barely touched it and it broke, the new piece doesnt have the crook in it.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well went to dealer today water bottle they say was cracked 7 to 10 days to get it back but it maybe whats scott said and they just want work George

1 - 12 of 12 Posts