Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a few "White" spots on the heads. I thought maybe it was some windex i used. But i opened hte coolant bottle. My coolant line looks okay and i cant find a leak.

What do you think?

Attachments

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
bad cap? only leaks when it is hot and pressures up?

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess so. I checked it when it was cold and it was a half inch below the line. Just filled it up with some coolant.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Shawn,

Mine did that some time ago. I cleaned it with S100 engine cleaner and never saw it again. I think it is just water stains. It is almost crusty when you go to clean it off.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shawn,

Mine did that some time ago. I cleaned it with S100 engine cleaner and never saw it again. I think it is just water stains. It is almost crusty when you go to clean it off.

I think so. I cleaned it and went for a hot midday ride. Saw a few more droplets. Definetly from that metal cap. Is there a gasket for That cap? What's the part numbers I need to replace it?

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Replace the cap, $6-8 bucks........had at any autoparts store.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks man!

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
autozone had the cap. Took it out for a few hours...no drops!!

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
autozone had the cap. Took it out for a few hours...no drops!!
:thumb: Why wait a week or more on the MoCo when you can get the part you need the day you need it. I'm happy to pass along the knowledge I have.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:notworth:
:thumb: Why wait a week or more on the MoCo when you can get the part you need the day you need it. I'm happy to pass along the knowledge I have.

I bow to you sir. :notworth:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts