Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked through forums before I posted so sorry if i missed it. Does anyone know of a source for a cap for the coolant recovery bottle other than H-D ( they only sell the bottle plus cap for 49.00 go figure ). 2004 VRSCB. Thanks much in advance

·
Registered
543 Posts
Try Zannoti Motor Company in Pa. Got the whole retrofit bottle kit complete for 31 bucks. Think their website is Zannotimotors.com

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
hzweifel said:
Looked through forums before I posted so sorry if i missed it. Does anyone know of a source for a cap for the coolant recovery bottle other than H-D ( they only sell the bottle plus cap for 49.00 go figure ). 2004 VRSCB. Thanks much in advance

Spend the moeny and get the redesign then you won't have to worry about the cap breaking off anymore. But if you like I can send you my old cap if you don't want to spend the money.

·
243 Posts
I just had mine break on a 05, ordered 2 replacement caps only from a HD dealer for 3 bucks each. Part #26780-05A. He said be in within the week

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
PhatHD said:
I just had mine break on a 05, ordered 2 replacement caps only from a HD dealer for 3 bucks each. Part #26780-05A. He said be in within the week
The part you're mentioning (26780-05A) will be a plain cap without a hose for the updated bottle. The older bottle cap and hose is 61813-01. Although still listed as available by Chicago Harley for $7.50, I would not recommend it. The newer design is much better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine broke too and I had to replace with the new design, It's really expensive but I guess it is worth it since you won't mess with it later. Use a little caution when you remove the old bottle cause when I did mine some antifreeze spilled on the chrome and I kind of wiped it off with out washing it, later when I was washing the bike I noticed black corroded spots where it landed. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts