Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These bars adjust at the riser and the bar end. You can swivel the bars as you rotate them in the risers for all kinds of different positions. Thay are in a up position for street ridding now. I lower them when I go to the track when I have my number plate on, looks cool and fast then. I really like these bars so far

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Gearheadesw said:
These bars adjust at the riser and the bar end. You can swivel the bars as you rotate them in the risers for all kinds of different positions. Thay are in a up position for street ridding now. I lower them when I go to the track when I have my number plate on, looks cool and fast then. I really like these bars so far
Who's bars are they - look like a good idea for "gettin' wid da program". :kaz:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Those are cool looking. Are they wider or more narrow than the stock bars? I have seriously considered going to the 07 black bars that are a little wider than the 06's but I like the changeability of these. I assume Clubman is the maker, how much and was there anything that had to be changed from stock other than the bars?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got these off ebay in the Buell section. They were wider but I didn't like them like that so I chopped an inch off each end. They were pricey, $200, but they can be so meny diferent heights and angles, it's like a bunch of bars in one. The workmanship and chrome are top notch. Clubman is a style of bars that I think originated in England on the cafe bikes.

·
VRSCR User
291 Posts
I didn't like them like that so I chopped an inch off each end.
You really "must modify" must'nt you?

Yet another fine addition to your sweet bike! Looks great & functional to boot.

You're a freakin visionary!

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
EDIT: NM, I didn't look close enough at the pics of your risers and clamshell.

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
I freaking love them, BTW

·
Bike snob
756 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very similar, I like the build quality of the one's that I got. Very substantial, good chrome, different pivot set up completely. But these are quite a bit cheaper no doubt.

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
Gearheadesw said:
I like the build quality of the one's that I got. Very substantial, good chrome
Cool, I got another set by the same guy (I'm assuming) off eBay based on your review. The idea of having bars that I can adjust to fit me perfectly was just too appealing...

Tommy K said:
Also, are yours 1" bars...the ones in the other link are 7/8, which may be a pain to mount the controls up.
I thought the same thing - they do sell spacers to adapt them to 1".

Here's a link to more sets the guy is selling: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUST...006QQitemZ160150502341QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW. They are descibed as 1", 33" max width, risers are 6 1/8".

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Cool looking bars!

·
Dreaming of Twisties
593 Posts
Did they fit with the stock lines?

·
Dreaming of Twisties
593 Posts
Gearheadesw said:
OK - you had to modify the brake line? Or you had to chop 1" off each end? What modification did you do? :stilpoke:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chopping an inch off each end made it a lot easier, but by using a little force it was going to work. I like having the bars alittle narrower then most I guess. These bars do not have dimples for the lines to fit through, so I had to modify the housings to let the lines that come out fit.

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
It took me 2 days of off-and-on work to get these bars on my bike. Since there weren't dimples in the bars, and I wanted to retain the stock look, I machined out the housings and clamps slightly to allow the wires to fit through.
I've had them on for about 3 weeks now, and really like them. I did not chop the ends off, but I'm wide and like the extra width they provide. If I had not already changed out the stock brake line, I would have had to for this.

Now I just have to figure out what to do about the turn signals which look really out of place.

Anyways, pics are in my gallery if anyone wants to look. They're not the greatest pics, but since it doesn't look like I'm going to have time to wash the bike and get good pics, they'll do for now.

These bars are off the SuperManx bike, btw.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice bike, I really like your airbox cover, and the paint.:thumb: I have been really happy with my bars also, those look like the exact same bars that I have, off ebay ?

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
Gearheadesw said:
Nice bike, I really like your airbox cover, and the paint.:thumb: I have been really happy with my bars also, those look like the exact same bars that I have, off ebay ?
Thanks, GearHeadesw, ditto.
Yup, they're the exact same bars, which is why I posted in this thread. Thanks again for sharing them with the forum, I never would have found them otherwise...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts