Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a French 105 hp R. According to the parts manual the only difference between my bike and a US (120 hp) version is the velocity stacks, Catalytic converter and the set up of the Fuel Control Unit. The gearing is also lower on the French bike to make up acceleration caused by the de-tuning. I am exploring conversion by replacing the stacks and adding a V&H exhaust, and fuel pack'. If anyone has tried this I would like to know what results they achieved and whether it was worth the effort. Also any problems encountered.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I would use a real tuner like the PC-V or Screaming eagle but other then that I think you have everything I know about from looking at my manual as well.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The mid pipe is different, but the V&H exhaust would take care of this.

I agree, I'd go with a TTS Mastertune or SERT to retune the stocke ECM. How are inspections there?

I was told that ECMs track Vin numbers but don't know if it is true.

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
You need a tuner - like a PC III. If you need a set of hollow points to mod, let me know. Joe

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
could he simply drill through the CAT in the midpipe?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I would think so but if he is going to run the V&H it will replace his mid pipe so it won't be necessary to do that.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Any head pipe back system will do the trick. With a CFR a PC3 and K&N filter, profesionally tuned my bike made 117.9 hp. At a recent dyno run 107 hp at the tire.
Dynos differ I guess, but I am blaming the cheap corn gas...Pipe tuner and high flow filter will give you what you are looking for.
Carefull though, next will be stage 2 cams, throttle bodies, then it will be big bore and crank....it's a sickness
Saw a 1430cc on the dyno, very impressive @148hp, my wife told me "Don't even think about it, you are finishing the kitchen first"

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
So, get the kitchen done, and go for it! Joe

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I have a French 105 hp R. According to the parts manual the only difference between my bike and a US (120 hp) version is the velocity stacks, Catalytic converter and the set up of the Fuel Control Unit. The gearing is also lower on the French bike to make up acceleration caused by the de-tuning. I am exploring conversion by replacing the stacks and adding a V&H exhaust, and fuel pack'. If anyone has tried this I would like to know what results they achieved and whether it was worth the effort. Also any problems encountered.
Thanks
I believe all the overseas models have a 30 tooth sprocket whereas the Us has a 28 tooth. You will have less (about 7%) acceleration and more top-end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts