Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I really have my heart set on the Night Rod. The looks and styling are exactly what I want in a Harley, but alas, there is trouble in paradise. The Night rod has the mid-controls and the forward pegs, but my height necessitates forward controls. My question is simple. Does anyone know if it is possible to convert to forward controls on this model, and if so, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
I haven't seen one upclose, but I suspect it should be realtively easy to fit a set of "A" controls to the night rod. I'm sure someone would be happy to take those mid controls off your hands too!!! Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I am sure it can be done but I doubt it is going to be cheap..
Will neet to but the "A" forward controls, brake master cylinder and maybe the bottom secions of the frame if they are different..

Have you thought about getting an "A" and then putting on the small fairing etc..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about that, but there are many subtle differences that might make that even more expensive in the long run. All of these subtle differences make the whole greater than the sum of its equal parts, yadda yadda...

:banghead:

The funny thing is, I don't like any of the other VRods (I know, blasphemy and all that). I just don't like the look of the others. It's really this one or nothing.

Thanks for your replies, I find it hard to believe that this hasn't been done before. Maybe I'll be the first to pull it off. Hell, it's not like I haven't filed bankruptcy before! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Why not get the NightRod and ride it like it is and see how it feels.. You never know you may actually enjoy the mid controls..

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I was looking at a Night Rod today and it should be pretty easy. The rear brake resevoir is still in the same spot, and they have highway pegs in the forward control location, so it looks like you will need to get a set of forward controls, rear master cylinder, rear brake line, brake switch and maybe a couple of odds and ends. The frame looks the same, so everything should bolt right up. It looks like the bracket for the mid contrils bolts to the lower swingarm mounting bolt. Should be pretty easy to convert once you figure out all of the parts you will need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WipeOut said:
Why not get the NightRod and ride it like it is and see how it feels.. You never know you may actually enjoy the mid controls..
At 6'4" and change, I felt like the Street Rod was a little cramped. Since the Night Rod sits even lower, I can imagine not being comfortable for very long, if at all.

The dealer down the road has one just the way want it, and I may head down there at the beginning of the week for a test ride, but I have my doubts that I can comfortably ride the thing with the controls that far back.

Thanks again for all of your replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts