Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone,

I recently purchased myself a 2003 Anniversary edition VRSCA. I know I can't be alone on this one but I cannot stand the grey color accents on the hand controls. Has anyone had luck finding replacement parts from other models that work with the VRSCA'S color dosnt matter. I'd prefer to stick to chrome just as it matches the current setup, but I'm not opposed to black either as i know these to be more common on newer bikes. Either way, I appreciate any information anyone has!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Plenty of aftermarket chrome or black switch housings out there. Most Harley ones are the same. Master cylinders can also be purchased in black or chrome or do what many do, remove them and have them powder coated, this gives you the choice of any colour you want. Do a search on Google, there are so many solutions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coastrider, I didn't even thing about going the powder coating option! Thanks, could be I live in italy for the next 3 years and don't know of one around me.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Coastrider, I didn't even thing about going the powder coating option! Thanks, could be I live in italy for the next 3 years and don't know of one around me.
There will be. Look around or search for a custom bike shop that build bikes. They will know all the places you need.

·
Registered
645 Posts

·
EXCELSIOR
8,555 Posts
These are the early model brake and clutch reservoirs, made for Harley by Kelsey Hayes and used up until around 2006 on all models except the R model. From that time on they switched to Brembo to provide braking components.
Keep in mind that your model used DOT 5 fluid and that the Brembo models used DOT 4, these are not compatible without proper flushing and cleaning of the parts.
However HD did offer both chrome plated and black powder coat versions of these components and a care search of ebay or other sources you should be able to find these items.
New components of any manufacture that have not previously had DOT 4 fluid in them will work as well.
As for switch housings others have answered above.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One option of many. Do a search for “Harley chrome switch housing” There are also replacement button caps available as well.
Yea I know there are MANYYY options regarding the housing, I need a replacement for the actual clutch/brake master cylinders. Thank you though

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These are the early model brake and clutch reservoirs, made for Harley by Kelsey Hayes and used up until around 2006 on all models except the R model. From that time on they switched to Brembo to provide braking components.
Keep in mind that your model used DOT 5 fluid and that the Brembo models used DOT 4, these are not compatible without proper flushing and cleaning of the parts.
However HD did offer both chrome plated and black powder coat versions of these components and a care search of ebay or other sources you should be able to find these items.
New components of any manufacture that have not previously had DOT 4 fluid in them will work as well.
As for switch housings others have answered above.
Thanks a lot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts