Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Showed up today in a Plain Brown Wrapper from Outta State!!!! EPA Be Damned!!! I cannot wait until the next Oil change! (Unfortunately I have been loving the Iron the past week)

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nooooo! the Ozone where is Al Gore? nah not really where did you find that at i tried the local chevy place and they said it was discontinued.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
and where did you order that from?

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,427 Posts
I just picked up GM Top Engine Cleaner #1050002 (liquid)

They didn't have the spray cans anymore. I paid $16.00

·
"Vrod King"
938 Posts
Damn. Your in California too. Hide it NOW!! Bury it somewhere deep in the garage. Don't let them find it. :D

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I'll be the dumbass. Why do I need this? Real life testimonials and not regurgitated marketing please.....

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn. Your in California too. Hide it NOW!! Bury it somewhere deep in the garage. Don't let them find it. :D
Damn Straight!!! I got an old Pringles Can in the cabinet that it fit in perfect. Right behind the Pickles and Anchovies

I'll be the dumbass. Why do I need this? Real life testimonials and not regurgitated marketing please.....
Many people who know their business Including Max and AL have all said that this is the product that does the best job cleaning out the top end of the motor. I will have 75k come the next il change and its never been done.
Its slowly being discontinued in Many states.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Spray it in while the engine is running and change oil afterwards I assume? (and clean the rear wheel if you have a Supertrapp like me)

speaking of "why do I need this"; next time your bike is in for it's quarterly $2000 warranty repair, pull the front forks and send them to Racetech. The improvement you noticed with the rear shocks will be X5 after you get the front done.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
even the non GM dealer mechanics use this stuff to clean the top ends of engines. If it's good enough for the Mercedes genius mechanic & my good friend that's now a Army heavy equipment mechanic, then it's good enough for me. As far as testimonial, I have none... yet.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I haven't a problem at all getting it.My brother works at a GM dealer and buys it by the case.
Any of you guys that don't know what a top engine cleaning,aka decarbonizing is,don't worry about it,you won't appreciate a well serviced engine anyway.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Nice reply there d*ck. I appreciate the valuable info. I wonder if the Mexican gardner outside my window, who surely knows more about trimming hedges than me, has the same air of superiorority about himself.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,427 Posts

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
I haven't a problem at all getting it.My brother works at a GM dealer and buys it by the case.
Any of you guys that don't know what a top engine cleaning,aka decarbonizing is,don't worry about it,you won't appreciate a well serviced engine anyway.
Nice reply there d*ck. I appreciate the valuable info. I wonder if the Mexican gardner outside my window, who surely knows more about trimming hedges than me, has the same air of superiorority about himself.
:lamer::hidesbeh::stooge: :D :popcorn

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Well GD. It's not listed as maintenance required for anything I've ever owned, so why not inform people of the benefit of it if you know what it is. Some of us might assume that the intake tract above the injectors stays clean. Obviously it doesn't if such a thing as this cleaner exists. So..........?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Well GD. It's not listed as maintenance required for anything I've ever owned, so why not inform people of the benefit of it if you know what it is. Some of us might assume that the intake tract above the injectors stays clean. Obviously it doesn't if such a thing as this cleaner exists. So..........?
Here is a good thread.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128734&highlight=1052626

I'm trying Sea foam in the fuel tank to clean the top and see how this works. To clean the top end of a turbo bike you really need to pull the plenum, I hope with using this cleaner I can clean the top end without the extra work.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
It's your thread so ultimately you're responsible.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.