Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Considering a new pipe............

1K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  pecee 
#1 ·
I'm interested in anyone's review of this Vance and Hines pipe. They're available on Fleabay for $399 and seem like a good deal. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/products/vrod-0207-21/2-1vrod.html

I want to replace the D&D slash cut slip ons I currently have on the bike.
Respectfully,
Ed

#4 ·
Heard one at KC a couple years ago. Quiet for an aftermarket pipe. I think it would look a lot better if it didn't sweep up quite as much. if nothing better comes along, it will probably replace the SE's I have now, at some point
Ed

#6 ·
I may go for it......

I hate having to go to the stealership to have the mapping changed though. I currently have D&D slipon's on the bike and wonder if it's even going to need to be changed. I will eventually spring for a SERT but hate putting that money out when it's going to snow in less than a month.
Ed

#18 ·
I ordered the pipe because...........

I ordered the pipe for a couple of reasons. First, I'm over the extremely loud pipe syndrome. It was cool while it lasted, the entire county knows I own a loud, fast Harley and at the end of the day I have to realize that the bike is for me and I don't give a rat's ass what others think about it. It's amazing how many guys I know that just can't get their bikes loud enough and are constantly trying to figure out how to make them louder by removing baffles and crap. I listen to music when I ride with an MP3 with ear buds. They're never turned up so loud that I can't hear what's going on around me but the roar of loud pipes gets real old quick when you're riding on the highway for a hour or two. At least it did for me. I often wonder if the noise polution law in Cali is going to spread to other states. There was a time when I believed that you couldn't make big horsepower without big noise and now I'm learning this is not always true. It's a balance of burning fuel and air quickly and getting it through the engine as quickly as possible but of course the science is much deeper than that. I like the pipe and that's why I bought it and besides, what other complete chrome exhaust system can you purchase shipped for $399? I'm set up with the stealership to install it with a SERT and a Dyno tuning, topless. What I always wonder is that knowing that every fiberglass packed exhaust system will get louder with time when the glass burns out, How much does this effect the tuning of the bike? I guess that's what the Auto Tuners are for.
Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.