Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I cleaned the bike today and noticed an unconnected plug around the fuel tank. After some investigation I figured out, that it was the rear oxygen sensor (I hooked it back up). So I decided to check the front sensor connection on the left side (behind the left side radiator shroud).
The oxygen sensor was fine, but I saw another plug that appears to be unconnected.
It is black and seems to have 3 thin plastic 'pins' (white) coming out of the end.

What is that for? Is it supposed to be connected to anything?

I will try to get a picture as soon as I find the camera.

·
Registered
962 Posts
think its the jiffy stand sensor it spose to cut the bike out if you try and pull away with the stand down.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is that supposed to be hooked up to anything?

Right now it's just hanging there, and the jiffy stand is definitely not connected to anything. I can cruise with the stand down all day long (until I catch it on the ground :)

·
"Goobish"
473 Posts
i'm about to go check my "bible" i just had to rebuild the whole front end of my bike:banghead:... so i know that area, all the connections i can see in the pic i know what they are but that one you have in your hand i'm not sure, give me 5 and you will know what it is

·
"Goobish"
473 Posts
nfn is correct it is a "jiffy stand sensor" the bible states it is only on "international models" so it is most likley just plugged off if you are in the states

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Where did you guys find the info about it? I looked in the repair/service manual, but couldn't find it. Parts manual probably, still need one of those.

·
"Goobish"
473 Posts
service manual on the first wiring schematic

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. I found where it mentions this switch, but no pics makes it difficult for me to imagine where is and what it looks like. That diagram is like a 3d picture for me. i need to cross my eyes to make sense out of it LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts