Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey any guys in Connecticut have the stage 2 cams in there bike if so where did you get your bike tuned I have a power commander 5 in the bike now was gonna call up Yankee Harley any other suggestions?

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Vreelands HD, in Bloomsburg PA. It's the only place around..

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
There a little far from me trying to find some one inside Connecticut
I know. There are probably 50 HD dealerships between you & Vreelands. None of them compare.

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
jims up here it putnam does a good job but i dont know if he has worked with se2 cams he has done v-rods .his dyno does have the tuninglink for quicker tuning .

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I wanna know how it turns out with the pc-v.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Stage 2 cams + a new programmer are my next big mod (although probably not till next season) so I'll be :popcorn on this one...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like I'm the guinea pig for Connecticut lol well I'll let you guys know how I make out gotta call Yankee this week and go from there. The service manager at brothers harley in Branford recommended some guy out of danbury but that's all the info he had lol..

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Looks like I'm the guinea pig for Connecticut lol well I'll let you guys know how I make out gotta call Yankee this week and go from there. The service manager at brothers harley in Branford recommended some guy out of danbury but that's all the info he had lol..

As far as the install goes, me and my buddy who is a tech are gonna do it. But for tuning, there is a place in Danbury called Dyno Solutions behind the BMW/Ducati dealer I hear is good...

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Maybe that's the place that guy was talkin about
I rode up there the summer before last just to check them and the dealer out. Give them a call...

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Good luck. I don't know of anyone that has had a successful tune with that combination. I lost power with that setup. I got the sepst and it cured it. Not sure the PCV has the capabilities to tune the cams.

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Good luck. I don't know of anyone that has had a successful tune with that combination. I lost power with that setup. I got the sepst and it cured it. Not sure the PCV has the capabilities to tune the cams.
Any idea what the gains were w/ the cams and sepst?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I talked to the guy at dyno solutions and he said he can do it no problem he's done a bunch of vrods already so I'll let you guys know how i make out when i go

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Any idea what the gains were w/ the cams and sepst?
Some guys get a bit more, some guys get alittle less, but you should expect to get a solid 10HP to the wheel.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
I talked to the guy at dyno solutions and he said he can do it no problem he's done a bunch of vrods already so I'll let you guys know how i make out when i go
I was poking around on the Dyno Solutions webpage. WOW.... They seem like they are well versed & experienced when it comes to mapping & tuning a V-TWIN.

I'm about 75 miles away from them too. I just may give them a crack at it in a few weeks when my CFR pipe is on the bike & I need a retune. Hmmmm...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts