Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official - you have a potential collectible! Trick is to hang on to all of your stock parts and keep the bike for 30 or 40 years.

Oh yeah - and don't go painting it. :D

·
Premium Member
10,816 Posts
So much for that idea! Not stock, not factory paint, and not planning on keeping stuff I don't need. Now you tell me!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CPTJAM said:
So much for that idea! Not stock, not factory paint, and not planning on keeping stuff I don't need. Now you tell me!
Been there, done that :)

I have a 1969 Triumph that I bought 30 years ago. At this point, none of the numbers match, the front end is off a '71, the seat and fenders and mounts were bent from scrap metal, and much like Gazoo, I painted it myself...

Still love the bike - and only I know that it's really only worth pennies as an antique. I'd never sell it anyway.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You watch, they'll bring it back once they realize this type bike is the alternative to all those "look just alike choppers" out there. This bike is ahead of its time.

As for stock parts, I only make changes to spare parts I buy from ebay for this purpose. All stock painted parts, etc I put in a box and store in the garage.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I'm just riding the hell out of mine!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm with Dallas V-Rod on this one...Have all the original parts off my 'Stang at home in my mom's attic (much to her chagrin) bagged and duct-taped. Weird thing is I never plan on selling it. Guess I'm just OCD, because I plan on doing the same thing with the Street Rod.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Way to go guys you are now in an elite club in an elite club! I have yet to ride a Street Rod, but it does look like something I would like. But for me love the laid back feel of the V-Rod, and if I need the crotch rocket itch again (came from there like most) I would have to get Jap bike.

·
R/C Raptor 90SE
54 Posts
Precious Metals and Base Metals have gave me 61% return, on average, every year since 2001........I use that money to buy things like VRODs and Helicopter's (expensive hobbies).....It would be cool if you can make dinero ($), but there are better investments!

Goodluck,

Bart-Man

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
hell between damn dogs and blue haired ladies i won't make it 30 or 40 years

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Strokerswild said:
All the stock stuff is in a box just in case, but for now it gets used like any other bike. :)
:them:

All them there race bikers (Frank, Joe etc...) raise the value of our bikes by about $2.50! Don't spend it all in one place fellas.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Mine is still in the tow yard, will find out tomarrow or later what Foremost Insurance is going to do with my bike. Will they even have stock pipes, or is it time to have MOCO spring for tuner and different pipes. And what other parts are missing in the pipeline that my dead bike will need. I see no way to return it to stock. Also if its true no more aluminum skins, I will have a steel airbox lid. Yuck.

David

·
Registered
494 Posts
Steppenwolf said:
It's official - you have a potential collectible! Trick is to hang on to all of your stock parts and keep the bike for 30 or 40 years.

Oh yeah - and don't go painting it. :D

You have no idea how old I will be in 40 years . . .
But, I haven't painted it yet!

·
Bad ride inside
510 Posts
when im done with mine, It will all be totally used up

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
vrodsweeper said:
Mine is still in the tow yard, will find out tomarrow or later what Foremost Insurance is going to do with my bike. Will they even have stock pipes, or is it time to have MOCO spring for tuner and different pipes. And what other parts are missing in the pipeline that my dead bike will need. I see no way to return it to stock. Also if its true no more aluminum skins, I will have a steel airbox lid. Yuck.

David
Hope your recover quick. Dang, I hate seeing that.
The moco is forced to carry OEM parts for 12 years after a model is discontinued. I think you had a steel lid already. Mine does and your pics look like it's steel.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts