Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, this would be useful for guys that are in V-Rod motors alot and do not want to run to the dealer and hope they have shims in stock. If I just had one bike and was in the motor every 15k it wouldn't be worth it, but if you are a racer or building other motors this would help quite a bit. At $3 a piece there is $700 worth of shims here. Apparently you can't buy a kit from Harley so I made five kits up after making one for myself and when they are sold I won't make anymore because it was a huge pain. There is 8 of each shim from 2650 all the way down to 1925. There are 29 different shim sizes in this kit. First come first serve for $200 a piece shipped. Thanks!

Attachments

·
'04 1300
3,070 Posts
I know I'm going to regret missing this--PM Sent

·
Registered
276 Posts
Guys, this would be useful for guys that are in V-Rod motors alot and do not want to run to the dealer and hope they have shims in stock. If I just had one bike and was in the motor every 15k it wouldn't be worth it, but if you are a racer or building other motors this would help quite a bit. At $3 a piece there is $700 worth of shims here. Apparently you can't buy a kit from Harley so I made five kits up after making one for myself and when they are sold I won't make anymore because it was a huge pain. There is 8 of each shim from 2650 all the way down to 1925. There are 29 different shim sizes in this kit. First come first serve for $200 a piece shipped. Thanks!
PM sent.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,403 Posts
Hey Ray - looks like business is brisk. You might have to make up a few more sets!! :hidesbeh:

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I had no idea people were as annoyed that a kit wasn't available as I was. I am going to break up the larger kit I made myself and make a few more for the others that inquired. If others have interest let me know and I will make some more. So much for "I am not making more of these because it was a pain in the ass " huh?:D

·
1,016 Posts
What about the 2650 to 3000 shims needed for the stage two cams? Got any of those shims available?

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Ray do you have anymore kits?

Please PM me if you do.

Thanks
Rod

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts