Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday was a beautiful day for a ride. I had to visit a client about 15 miles east of me and I thought, what the heck I am going to take my bike. It was not what one would consider a relaxing ride cause I was travelling down Rt. 9 east through Framingham and Natick. This is some of the most the most congested section of roadway in MA. So, it is a real challenge and one needs to stay extremely aware of every cager around you. This is where I love my Rinehart 2-2's, with one twist of the throttle they know that I am there. Anyway, as I was riding past the MA State Police Headquarters, I notice an unmarked black crown vic behind me and and he stayed behind me for a mile or so of slightly up hill incline, so I could not stay off the throttle. We where coming up to a red light and he pulled into the lane on my left and stopped along side me. I thought, oh shit! I glaced over and he just smiled and gave me the nod. H-m-m, well that was good, it seemed like a friendly nod. A moment later he rolled down his window and yelled out "Hey your bike looks and sounds awesome, who did your work?" I replied, "It's a stock Harley-Davidson V-Rod and I did the extra modifications." He gave me the thumbs up and we where on our ways.

I would have to say that the sound of my mod tuned 2-2's has gotten even better after the few hundred miles. I like them more each time I ride.

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Although I hate the state of MA in general, one thing I have found is the cops are very lenient if you are just doing your thing. I routinely skate by troopers with my thunderheaders, non DOT lighting and leds lit all the time and they usually just smile or give me the "ride" nod.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive noticed the same thing with my 2-2 rineharts the more miles on them the better and better then sound either that or the more and more my hearing is going not sure yet

904 Posts
I believe that for the most part, the LEO's most everywhere (except for the jerk in New Hope, PA) will look the other way when it comes to pipes -- IF YOU'RE NOT BLASTING THEM. Assuming you're just cruising along minding your own business, just letting it idle at the stoplights, etc.

As soon as you feel the need to whack the throttle while sitting at the light or start hot-dogging in traffic, then you're rubbing their noses in it, and they WILL react. All you have to do is give them an excuse, and they'll be in your face, if not for pipes then for something else equally frivolous...

·
Philly Vrod Guy
684 Posts
Watch for loud Pipes in New Hope... They have started a new crack down..Picking on just about anything they can find again...Loud pipes and heaven forbid you park your bike and a tire touches a painted line either at the curb or street side.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got pulled over in the Cobra once, right off the highway in OKC. Lights and everything. Cop walks up to the car with a big smile and says, "Son, do you know why I pulled you over?" I replied, "Probably speeding, sir, I'm sorry." His response?

"Well, you were doing 42 in a 25 but that's not why. Just wanted to say nice Cobra. I've got a blue 2003--yours supercharged?"

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Makes me feel good to read positive threads about LEOs, which is in line with my lifelong experiences. Not only is one of my oldest friends an accomplished LEO, but I have personally been "let of the hook," twice when I was in my Roadrunner as a youngster, and once on my VRod last year going 20 MPH over the limit (85 in a 65).
In our society, the "bad apples" seem get the press most of the time. And the "bad" seems to take over as the dominant image too often.
Great thread.:plause:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I always think about you guys in the rest of the country when I am splitting long line of autos at about 20mph and go right past Cops in cars just sitting there in line with everyone else. What I am not as good as is trying to keep up with a CHP motorcycle cop thats splitting lanes, they are damned good.

·
Rollin' Hills
769 Posts
I've been a vol. Dep. LEO as of 9-11. Ya' gotta' understand, It's a JOB. These guys are just like us, and MORE when in uniform. Kinda' like saluting a commisioned officer. You don't have to like the dude---but respect what his job is.JMO

·
Glory to Hypnotoad!
541 Posts
tpspuck said:
Watch for loud Pipes in New Hope... They have started a new crack down..Picking on just about anything they can find again...Loud pipes and heaven forbid you park your bike and a tire touches a painted line either at the curb or street side.

I used to work for the New Hope (PA), Police Department, while you can count on any officer writing you a ticket for being an ass.... Wheelies, Burnouts, over-reving your bike (noise ordinance).... I can gar-un-tee, only one officer will write you an unreasonable ticket.... I strongly urge anyone who gets one, to write a letter of complainant to the New Hope P.D. #41 North Main St. New Hope, PA 18938, The New Hope Gazette, The Daily Inteligencer (Doylestown PA).

New Hope is tough on meter parking, and a lot of the spaces were measured out in the 50's and 60's when cars were much bigger, which does cause problems! BUT so long as you bike is in the parking box and there is money in your meter you should not have any problems!

Fred

P.S. I have paid three parking tickets in the last two years so I too feel the pain!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts