Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time coming , But after my last Harley many years ago AMF era. I rode a Harley V-Rod Muscle...WOW! I sold my BMW and looking for a VSRCF. I'm confused as to value of these bikes. I see them used for more than a new 2011. I'm willing to pay fair value,But what is fair. I'm new to the forum and will make it my new home. Any input will be appreciated. I'm ready to buy now. Harley has lowered the price on a new "F" to $14999.00 I would think a 2009 would no longer be worth $13500.00 I need to know the rest of the story. Also somewhat surprised as to the very low mileage on these super motorcycles. averaging 500 miles per year. Down here in southeast Louisiana it's more like 500 miles a month average.
Looking forward to getting to know all of you on the fourm.
Thanks

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,164 Posts
Not all of us ride 500 miles a year :). I have had my bike for a little over 4 years and have 15K. But, since I live in the midwest, well, there is a large part of the year I can't ride.

I would say it is a buyer's market. Even if you go to a dealer to buy new, I'd be paying what I think is a fair price or I would go elsewhere and try at some other Harley dealer. I would think that at this time of year and with this being a buyer's market, the Harley dealers would have to work to get my money.

If buying used, well since Harley lowered their prices, everyone has to lower their prices. Keep your eyes out, I have seen a lot of good deals out there.

As for the VRSCFs, those are the bikes that seem to be holding some value as I see on ebay etc. So I'd say used I have been seeing 12K to 13K for an F w/ a few K miles. There were a couple cool Fs for sale on here about a month back. Those went fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty much what I was thinking. I had to take about 20% less than what I was asking for my BMW. I was asking low NADA retail. So if a "F" is 12k less 20% Would seem a little low I'm guessing around 10-10.5 would be close to fair. For a 09 "F" Again thanks for your response.

·
Chillin' the Least
525 Posts
Welcome Bots! I had two softails, my first was a 99 Custom which I liked but traded for a 04 Heritage which I bought without riding, oops! I slowly dragged it around the corners for about four years :( My local dealer was having an open house giving test rides so I rode a V-Rod. Holy Bajeeesus was my thought at the time. I bought a new 07 AW in June 08 and love it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't wait to get my own. I'm hoping maybe in a few days. I have 3 I'm working on. The thing I'm trying to decide is New or Used. The price for new is too close to what some of the used asking prices. A 2009 with abs is something I could live with. I would like to turn it into a "Sport Tourer" or as I've come to learn a "Bagger". I was completely suprised by the V-Rod It's a Gotta Have!!! I hope I can find one soon. Looking forward to riding it to Daytonna next year.

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
I would definitely get one with ABS, but then I'm a little biased.

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Welcome and nice bike to get and just find the one at the right price and enjoy it.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Take your time and do your research, it is a buyers market. Do not be afraid to negotiate a little. Then stop back and read about all the money you will spend modifing it. I call it modification flu. You can catch it by just lurking around this site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts