Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, has anyone noticed their coolant seeming to become diluted and clearer over time?? I was noticing through my killer glass that my coolant is no longer bright orange like when I first installed it. It is now more of a clear/somewhat orange color. Is this due to mileage and it being time to drain and refill. I have 14,500 miles on my bike.

Anyone who has coolant knowledge can just chime in here. Thanks.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else have any know how???

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
in for pics!!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I've got the red (stock HD coolant). Since its not expensive and you have almost 15K miles, just change it. Better safe than sorry. :D How about a pic of that glass?

·
Go IRISH!
727 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
umm that is what i was gonna ask .. when did you change it last? shouldnt this be a yearly thing?

No, unless your putting 30,000 miles a year on it. Manual says, I believe,30,000 miles.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
yeah adding some coolant is fairly cheap.. just drain some of it out and add some fresh in if nothing else.... or you could squeeze a red highlighter into the coolant to dye the water back red.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Rick

Gates make the shrinks clamps we use on the trucks we build....Maybe NAPA or similar supplier.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Back on topic, now that Rick and Greg are done Hijacking this thread ;)

I noticed the coolant 'fade' after 8k miles on my setup. I flushed it, and filled it. I'll do so every 10K from now on out.

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
RNTRACING said:
where would you get new shrink tape for the killer glass!
The stealership has them in stock...or at least they should. In the service manual, those heat clamps actually have a part number. Bought a couple of them from the dealership when I redid my killer glass mod earlier this year. Not really expensive either.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
VrodG said:
Bit me............
Exactly what bit you? Maybe there is a cure. :moon:

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the help, all. I will just drain some and add more.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts