Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone pulled it off yet? found a few threads talking about it but haven't heard anyone say that they have tried or came close... i'm thinking maybe a candy (house of color) aluminum with a satin or flattened clear would work but wanted to get some opinions.. so???

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Well there is no actual "paint color" to match so it's gonna be real tough, more so the finish than the color, it is what gives it it's appearance and unique look, you're trying to match up paint with a natural aluminum finish.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I have seen wall paper,the kind that you actually put on the wall,that was a real close match to the V-Rod anodized skins.
If an artist can paint a hole on a sidewalk that people will walk around because it looks like they will fall into it,then I'm sure you could find an artist that could duplicate anodized aluminum with a base coat clear on metal.
You'll need to find one of them type people that would make you leary of them just to sit in their office to discuss the procedure.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

Attachments

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Using Alsa or House of Kolor's chrome paint you can get real close-

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
"Chrome" powdercoat covered in clear powdercoat looks a LOT like anodized aluminum....upper....

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
already pm'd him. had a buddy talk to his paint rep today and he allowed he had the right stuff to pull it off... i'll let ya'll know
good luck....tell us how it turns out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fiberglass

Will this double chrome process work on fiberglass?

I have a headlight fairing that I'd like to match with anodized aluminum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
already pm'd him. had a buddy talk to his paint rep today and he allowed he had the right stuff to pull it off... i'll let ya'll know
Hi there, I'm having the same issue. Somebody here would have any of the real colour of the frame 2012 Vrod Anniversary Edition?

·
Registered Insane
Two 2003 VRSCA's: CTHULHU is Black/Sterling, N/A ; EVIL TWIN is Anodized and S/C
474 Posts
Old thread but I was checking it out.

Found this somewhere on Facebook I think.
Hand Fluid Finger Drink Font

1 - 14 of 14 Posts