Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some over pants that I can put on in the morning and take off when it warms up. Don't care for chaps. What do you guy's and gals use?

·
Orange,Black,Chrome!
1,220 Posts
I use two different kinds with pretty good success. I use the Joe Rocket ballistic pants for most of the summer and into fall. They attach with a zipper to my Jacket. Then for winter I use the Gerbing Cascade pants that plug into my jacket liner. If you're in a climate where you can still ride when its cold without having to worry about Snow, I highly recommend heated gear.

Attachments

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
Sorry, I wear chaps but I hear that those Gerbing pants :them: are really nice for the cold weather.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
If you do not care about being a fashion plate consider wearing rubberized rain gear. They fit over your street clothes and will keep you warm. I do that whenever I am riding in cold weather and it works just fine. Velcro strap the ankles closed to keep the wind out. Make sure they can withstand the heat from the pipes.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I personaly like ****tex bibs. All you really need to do is keep the wind off.

I got a set from bass pro and they work wonderfully in the winter and are great rain pants in the summer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
f.matthew.2 said:
I use two different kinds with pretty good success. I use the Joe Rocket ballistic pants for most of the summer and into fall. They attach with a zipper to my Jacket. Then for winter I use the Gerbing Cascade pants that plug into my jacket liner. If you're in a climate where you can still ride when its cold without having to worry about Snow, I highly recommend heated gear.

I have a set of the Joe Rocket pants also, They zip up the side of the legs for EZ on and off. The ballistic nylon blocks the wind really well. They are also water resistant so on a trip they can double as rain gear. Good product.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
f.matthew.2 said:
:them: Exact same here. Joe Rocket Make sure it's the ballistic. The new Gerbing line, Cascade is awesome. Heats evenly and fits very well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have the Joe Rocket Ballistic 6 pants myself too and have rode down into the low 30s a lot with them............. just make sure you tuck your jeans into your boots if you have forwards because since they have no way to cinch the bottom and they tend to allow a bit of a air up the leg. I am gonna get some velcro straps put on mine before this winter to solve that problem ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
o2man98 said:
I wear my rain pants in the cold. Keeps the wind out and rolls up nice when it warms up.
Thats my solution too. Its the windproof part of the rain pants that keeps you warm. Also, I bought a pair of heavy weight flannnel lined jeans from Dicks Sporting Goods. If it is too cold for those suckers Im not riding anyway.

·
Free At Last
212 Posts
Bagram_Matt said:
I have a jacket from this company and have been thinking about getting this pair of pants.
http://www.foxcreekleather.com/45.html
I bought these overpants this summer, it took three tries to get an acceptable (slightly tight, but wearable) size, and that was using their online measurement template. I do like their jacket & gloves, they fit from the get-go. I should take the time to contact them again, they upcharged me when they sent the second pants that were way too large, and never corrected the extra charges, not to mention the time and expense of sending the wrong ones back. I believe the first pair was size mislabled (the invoice said to ignore the "wrong" size marked on them, they were too small to zip closed even without wearing over other pants, and that skewed the correction I gave them ("add 6 inches") with the second set making them way too big. I don't think they measured and added the correction to the pants, they added the correction to the written size they were supposed to be.

Nice pants, but a big hassle. And you are overseas, it could get real expensive if you have the same misfortune.

Maybe after I contact them again, I can give better news, just hate to have to make another call.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got a pair of over pants leathers from Jamin leather.
They zip almost all the way up the outside of the leg and snap at the boot. (yes make sure you tuck your jeans into your boots)

I do like the idea of the zippers up the legs. Aound here you might leave home when it's 40 or so and by noon be back up in the 80's so opening up the zippers is very nice.

I also have a set of solid leather pants. I don't care for just the chaps since other parts of my body get cold while riding in cold weather.

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
I bit the bullet on price and got a pair of Aerostich Darien over pants. I have long legs and it's hard to get anything that's small enough around my hips and waist that aren't highwater in lenght. Aerostich will customize these for you if you're built weird as I am. So, they sent their normal version to me with instructions for how to determine where the additional length needed to go. I really like them because they're long enough to keep the air out.

Quick on and off, and warm enough I can wear them on the coldest winter days with just jeans and under-armor long johns underneath.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts