Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Feeling lost
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guess today is just not my day! I thought I'd get up early and go out for a nice ride to clear my mind and haven't been out on the bike in a bit. The only saving grace is I was close to my house and traveling at a slow speed but as I was coming down the hill starting to come back up a car pulled right out in front of me:chair: , I grabbed the front break and the hit the rear at the same time, both tires cold. The front started to hop a bit so I eased up and gave it more rear, then the rear locked and started to skid, eased up and gave it more front, so again went more rear and it started to skid I tried to counter steer and stand it up right but by that time I was into the curb which of course is like 8" high, it grabbed the bike, slid down the curb, snapped and dumped on the right side. Luckly I lifted my leg up as to not get smashed between the bike and the curb, I went over the bars and was tossed into the grass, quite shaken up but seem to be ok so far. Had my full face on and my jacket, and of course the car kept going :banghead: Suprise right? I'm so pissed right now I don't even want to go wash off all the grass and dirt to really see how bad it is but so far looks like the bars are bent, 2 dings on the airbox cover, front fender bent, fork tube has curb rash so that needs to be replaced, radiator fairing on the right side is toast and my turn signal relocation mount is snapped.
I'm greatful it was at low speed >25mph and I walked away, just a little sore at this point. Just needed to :soapbox: And cause things happened so fast I didn't get a good look at the car :bash: So looks like I'll be getting a bunch of custom parts sooner then I thought.
My prayers and best wishes go out to all the fellow rides who have gone down

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Glad your alright. As bad as it sounds your always better off to hit a car that pulls out in front of you. If you dump the bike and don't hit them they almost always just drive away, if you hit them aim for the drivers door. Make sure they know they pulled out in front of you. :)

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
:them:

Similar thing happened to me riding home at the weekend - 1am. Damn taxi driving prick pulls out on me - luckily I just had enough space to slow.

Really sorry about the bike - but as you say, it can be customised. You can't.

Make it bigger and badder mate.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
I hate seeing new posts here but glad you faired well for the situation. Get better and that mod of adding a seven foot lance is a great one.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Glad your OK.

·
Feeling lost
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, finally went out and washed it, makes it look a little less torn up :barf: Looks like I'll be parts shopping shortly.....need to make the rally!
Here are a few shots before I washed it.....

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Max said:
Glad your alright. As bad as it sounds your always better off to hit a car that pulls out in front of you. If you dump the bike and don't hit them they almost always just drive away, if you hit them aim for the drivers door. Make sure they know they pulled out in front of you. :)
Max, time to move out of North Texas:D ... Crazy Texas drivers gettin to ya?

Nvigr8ng, glad your OK.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Glad you made it OK. Hopefully you at least scared the driver enough to make them look harder next time.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I stopped by and checked out Jeremys bike yesterday afternoon on the way home from work. Luckily it looks like just mostly superficial damage. He doesn't have any damage and that's even better. He says he just feels like he had a hard workout and is a little sore. The right fork tube does need to be replaced though, it has a pretty good scrape right above were the bottom leg starts. Anybody got one floating around?

·
Feeling lost
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for swing by yesterday. After Bill and I looked at the damaged isn't bad, a few parts and she'll be good to go, and I'm not serioulsy broken, back is still really sore. Anyone have an extra fork tube? I need to get a few part numbers, do we have a list here on the site?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Max said:
agreed... if a cager did that to me he better hope my bike is out of commision.. i will pick it up and chase him down!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Good to hear you are okay. Only takes money to make the bike heal.
:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts