Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Never Late
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike was not ridden for a few weeks and I started it the other day and it made a hard sound....almost a clankish sound. Was that just because the oil had settled in the motor. It only made it when it was tirning over for a split second.....not when running. I also noticed a same sound after I changed the battery and went semi topless.....was worried something might have fallen in the intakes. However i was very carefull of not allowing anything to fall in. I assume since it runs fine with no noise that was not the issue....or should i keep an eye on my oil for debree. I am sure nothing fell in as I blocked the intakes and was soooo careful.

Just might be a cold start thing....any ideas? start fine now with no sound....just happened twice.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Do you change your own oil? If so have you ever heard the sound before it builds oil pressure after an oil change? It should sound similar to one sitting for a period without starting if the oil drains down. The way the system is built though it really shouldn't drain that much oil back and it may be more related to lower voltage, the same as a new battery which isn't fully charged.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
gtrman66 said:
hmmmm, the R's don't do that :stilpoke:
Nope, they sure don't:stilpoke: :hidesbeh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts